• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the dreams they'd been living, wishbone
    His son had asked him about love and Savior had told him about Tephra.
    He had told him about the way his own parents had made him a protector. They had built him to defend their home, crafted a dragon fit to battle dragons. Savior had told him how his magic was tethered to the earth there, how the earth lived in his veins and in his bones. He had told him about how he dredged his happiness out of the dirt, his lifeblood out of the lava that cut rivers across the terrain.

He could have told him about all of the ways he loved the boy’s mother, too. How naturally it had happened, how she had emerged from the snow like a dream, how he had not wanted to leave her side since. But Worship was just a boy and Savior understood his love for his home better than he understood his love for Casimira.

Casimira, whose company he has so scarcely been without since the twins were born. He ventures off today, though, because he knows they are safe and he imagines that she must crave a bit of solitude. He knows how oppressive his company can be.

He follows a lava flow to the river, using the deep orange glow as a guiding light through the crushing darkness. They have remained largely untouched by the malicious things that he has heard lurk in the shadows, fortunately. Isilya had lit the lanterns, lending them light, and he has to believe that this helped to keep the monsters at bay. He has been prepared, though, ready to defend his home the way he had been bred to. While he had been born in a time of war, it had come to an end shortly after his birth and he had never really had to consider what he might do if he were called to arms.

It has been quiet so far but he is under no illusion that his purpose in life is anything other than protecting Tephra. He can feel it stir just beneath the surface of his skin as he reaches the river, edging his way away from the place where the lava seeps into the water and dips his head to drink.

SAVIOR
    you remind me who i was and who i want to be
    you remind me that though not whole, i'm not empty

@[Wishbone]

Messages In This Thread
    the dreams they'd been living, wishbone - by savior - 02-15-2021, 05:21 PM