• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  it's a mystery to me; lilliana
    it's a mystery to me
    we have a greed with which we have agreed. you think you have to want more than you need; until you have it all you won't be free. and when you think more than you want, your thoughts begin to bleed.
    Wishbone laughs at her friend’s playfulness. Their world is full of so many obstacles and adventures and journeys; if they do not find humor in their world, Wishbone thinks her days would seem far darker. Her mother had taught her the importance of finding the good in everything. Wishbone has taken that lesson with her into adulthood, and it is one of the most valuable she had learned as a child. Beqanna might roll beneath them, springing monsters from the shadows and stealing friends from their beds, but at least they have chosen to seek joy.

The purple mare quiets as Lilliana asks about Tephra and Warden. Her ears shift into the thick tangles of her mane as Wishbone thinks about her brother. He’d tried to warn her about the oncoming darkness, how Svedka would slip into the cracks and disappear, how she needed to find him as quickly as she could. Yet his futuristic visions couldn’t lend her enough speed to reach their brother in time, and Warden carries the weight of their brother’s disappearance.

Wishbone has never blamed him; she had been the one who’d reached Svedka too late, just as the earth swallowed him. Her amber eyes are sullen while they walk, and Wishbone turns this gaze toward her friend as she begins speaking. “We’re doing alright, all things considered. Our brother, Svedka… When the darkness came, the ground opened up under him and took him away. Warden saw it before it happened, and I tried to reach Svedka, but it was too late.” She pauses to inhale a slow breath, hoping the air will unknot the tightness in her chest. “Warden’s taken it really hard, and I haven’t seen him in a while.”

Despite her grief and guilt, Wishbone can’t help the smile that marks her dark mouth at Lilliana’s comments. “I’m doing okay. I’ve been helping Warden with Tephra, and the darkness has kept me busy.” Political affiliations have slowed since the eclipse arrived, but Wishbone has patrolled the borders religiously, watching for signs of danger looming in the shadows. “I’m thankful for your friendship, Lilliana. You have truly been a light through all of this.”
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@[lilliana]

Messages In This Thread
    it's a mystery to me; lilliana - by Wishbone - 02-16-2021, 05:05 PM
    RE: it's a mystery to me; lilliana - by lilliana - 02-18-2021, 02:15 PM
    RE: it's a mystery to me; lilliana - by Wishbone - 02-23-2021, 06:41 PM
    RE: it's a mystery to me; lilliana - by lilliana - 02-26-2021, 07:51 PM
    RE: it's a mystery to me; lilliana - by Wishbone - 03-30-2021, 08:06 AM
    RE: it's a mystery to me; lilliana - by lilliana - 04-02-2021, 03:06 PM
    RE: it's a mystery to me; lilliana - by Wishbone - 04-12-2021, 09:11 PM
    RE: it's a mystery to me; lilliana - by lilliana - 04-25-2021, 06:55 PM
    RE: it's a mystery to me; lilliana - by Wishbone - 05-27-2021, 01:39 PM