• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  someone whose course is steadier than mine; islay

It had been weeks since she has last seen Islay—just a few weeks and yet so much had changed. So much had shifted in their entire world. The land had gotten dark, unruly, and she could feel the change within her. Could see the worry in her parent’s faces as they exchanged glances that they thought the children couldn’t see, as her mother ran herself ragged trying to create a sun for them that didn’t exist.

She escaped this morning—this evening?—when her mother finally took her rest, going to the beach.

The tides were as unruly as ever. With no sun and no moon, there were no laws for them anymore and although Aestas had never truly understood them, she certainly couldn’t now. She watched them washing up on the beach, hearing the rattle of seashells against the sand, and took a breath that she hadn’t even realized that she had been holding in her chest. Would her friend come? She tilted her head back to look into the darkness, peering into the endless black—wondering at what lie out in the beyond.

She had no idea of knowing if Islay was safe.

If she remembered that they would meet.

If she was even able to make it.

She had considered asking her mother to check, but Leliana had been so focused on her other tasks—trying to look after their brood, trying to keep brief moments of light for them—that it didn’t seem fair. So she kept her concern to herself and snuck away, coming to the beach on the day she thought they meant.

There’s a brush of something cold against her and she shivers, reaching for her gift and letting it flare to life around her. A wave of heat erupts from her, billowing out, and she relaxes into the self-made sauna.

It wouldn’t last for long—she was still too inexperienced—but, for now, it was a temporary reprieve.

so you should get on board with someone whose course is steadier than mine
    you should get on board with someone whose eyes are on the horizon, not on the skies

@[The Monsters] - mess with her self-healing please!

@[Islay] - hi! i decided to start them a new thread. :)

Messages In This Thread
    someone whose course is steadier than mine; islay - by aestas - 02-19-2021, 11:57 PM