• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  so give me hope in the darkness
    MARINER
    Mariner shifts his focus to the sky at her mention of the moon. How long has it been since they last saw the moon? Has he missed it in its absence? He has carried the night sky with him and has thought so little of the moon. (Perhaps this is a gene he never inherited, the attachment gene, the nostalgia gene, whatever gene it is that allows one to miss things.) 

And then he drags his focus back to her face (murky in this darkness) when she speaks again. Is this teasing? He doesn’t have friends, he has never had friends, and his mother did not have a sense of humor. He does not know what teasing is and his had been a kind of sinister, casual cruelty. 

He recognizes her question as rhetorical and does not answer it. Her assessment of him makes his nerves bristle but he makes no effort to defend himself. It’s not wrong. He has never seen any reason to stay in one place long. Without friends or any family to speak of (unless you counted his mother, who he often thought to visit but ultimately very rarely ever did because her cruelty had a tendency to be more deliberate than casual). Still, he does not speak to confirm or deny her suspicions about his character. 

He shifts his weight as the darkness begins to shift. Is he a coward? Does the one small step he takes backward away from it make him a coward? Perhaps. He exhales a short, stilted breath as the darkness fashions itself into a pair of wings and his brow furrows in confusion. Perhaps he had underestimated her. He reclaims the space he had pushed between them and reaches for the darkness, wondering if his nose will pass right through it or find something solid.

Do those work?” he asks. “I can show you.” Is this kindness or merely a kind of arrogance? 

i’m a shot through the dark, i’m a black sinkhole
    if it weren’t for second chances, we’d all be alone

@[Islay]

@[The Monsters] please mess with his sublimation!

Messages In This Thread
    so give me hope in the darkness - by Islay - 03-04-2021, 01:59 PM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by mariner - 03-05-2021, 04:30 PM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by Islay - 03-07-2021, 10:55 AM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by mariner - 03-07-2021, 06:53 PM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by Islay - 03-11-2021, 10:22 AM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by mariner - 03-13-2021, 07:46 PM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by Islay - 03-24-2021, 07:39 PM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by mariner - 03-28-2021, 01:33 PM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by Islay - 04-02-2021, 10:58 AM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by mariner - 04-04-2021, 10:21 PM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by Islay - 04-07-2021, 09:41 PM