• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  so give me hope in the darkness

@[mariner] remains as much a mystery as anything else in this dark world.

She teases him (and she can't help it, though she reprimands herself for it now; not everyone knows how to greet her playful banter), hoping to draw some of the answers out. But as she tilts her head this way and that, she comes no closer to learning anything else about the star-spangled stallion. She relents with it, drawing away from her impish nature as the tides draw away from Islandres' shore.

Islay can't see clearly enough to see his brow furrow but she can sense his confusion. It's a reaction she has seen often enough and the two-toned girl lifts her head slightly, turning the thought over in her mind to step away from the pegasus. Like her magic, the abilities are still growing with her and Islay often discovers she can do a little more with this power each time she attempts it.

While the ability to craft wings is not new to the shadow spinner, there are intricacies in them that weren't there before. What had been a cluster of dark before reveals the beginnings of midnight-sheened feathers and her movements with these added appendages feel more natural than they ever had before. The two-toned mare spreads them in a swift, arcing motion before looking back to Mariner.

Her wings are made of nothing; they aren't really there. It is her gift pushing gravity around, chasing out any fragments of light to manifest and move the dark. So she shouldn't really feel the way his nose brushes against her wings but the darkness ripples and it tremors within Islay as well, like ripples across still water. She glances again at the winged stallion as the darkness shifts and wonders if he finds her something of an oddity.

Is she?

"I don't know," she tells him. Islay has only gone so far as to create her wings, not use them. It certainly makes her seem more of an oddity. This girl whose bravery has never left the ground. Her light blue head lifts and whether the offer is spoken with kindness or arrogance, Islay only hears the chance to try. She widens her wings - waiting for him - and then nods: "Okay."

[Image: lSYWxe.png]

Messages In This Thread
    so give me hope in the darkness - by Islay - 03-04-2021, 01:59 PM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by mariner - 03-05-2021, 04:30 PM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by Islay - 03-07-2021, 10:55 AM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by mariner - 03-07-2021, 06:53 PM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by Islay - 03-11-2021, 10:22 AM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by mariner - 03-13-2021, 07:46 PM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by Islay - 03-24-2021, 07:39 PM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by mariner - 03-28-2021, 01:33 PM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by Islay - 04-02-2021, 10:58 AM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by mariner - 04-04-2021, 10:21 PM