• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you're the world to me, stellaria
    WORSHIP
    He had told her once that he feared the things he thought himself capable of, that he feared that the dreams were not just dreams, and she had told him that she was not afraid.

(Even now, he can feel the serpent shift beneath his skin. But he would cast himself into Tephra’s volcano before he let it touch her.) 

And how sweet the spasm of his heart when the skin shifts beneath his touch. Perhaps he could lay his head against her shoulder and spend the rest of his days just like that. Perhaps he himself could turn to stone. An ode to his great and terrible love for her. 

But he must lift his head! He must, you see, because he does not trust that he has heard her correctly. Only him, only him. Does she not see how dreadfully unworthy he is? He aches with the truth, but there are new stars on his chest and they glow in the shape of the letter S. He is hers, he is hers. He has been hers since the first time he laid eyes on her, has he not? 

This, he thinks, this is love. 

And he, too, trembles where she touches him. He draws her closer, heart pounding so recklessly, and finally brings his head to rest against her shoulder. 

For the first time in his short life, he is at a loss for words. She has stunned him into silence, she who has only ever coaxed poetry straight from the gallows of his chest. He is hers alone and she is his and he stands here with his head laid against her shoulder and tells her, because there is nothing else to say, “I have loved you since the first time I set my eyes on you.” 

you were the boat that breached in the tale of conrad
    oh, i loved you with the good and the careless of me
    but it all goes bad

@[Stellaria]

Messages In This Thread
    you're the world to me, stellaria - by worship - 03-07-2021, 08:41 PM
    RE: you're the world to me, stellaria - by worship - 06-18-2021, 11:57 AM