• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i loved and i loved, and i lost you; insane

Though the outline of her skeletal frame is nothing like the many forms he had seen the beasts take, he had to wonder if perhaps they were finding new ways to surprise him yet. But he should have known better. Though he is no expert, the monsters has met have never spoken before. And as something wounded curls through her soft voice, he realizes then that he had made a mistake.

It’s foolish to regret the question, even if it had never been his intention to hurt her. Yet, he does.

She seems to forgive him easily enough however, despite the volumes his own silence speaks. It is unsettling to learn that such visages are commonplace, at least in her experience. Hurricane had been born into a much simpler world. One where wings and horns were among the strangest things a horse might see. Now they evolve before his very eyes, becoming something he doesn’t entirely recognize.

Her words are meant to set him at ease, leading him to realize rather belatedly that his own silence may have led her to mistakenly believe him far more alarmed than he truly was. “You did not scare me,” he finally responds, his voice now softer despite the gruffness. And as he stares at her, understanding dawns, led by the words she had spoken. She does not know of the many faces the beasts can wear because she cannot see them. As she tilts her head in a way that speaks so plainly of sightlessness, he knows himself a fool for not seeing it sooner. “The beasts wear many faces - even those of friends. One can never be too safe.” He pauses before adding, “I am Hurricane.”

As his own cautious distrust fades, he grows curious. Curious as to why she might be wandering the forest alone. She spoke of family, yet she left the safety of their embrace for the cold and dangerous unknown of these woods. He moves closer then, a frown pulling at his lips as his dark eyes fix on her skeletal form. “If you have family, why are you here and not with them?”

quiet now, you're gonna wake the beast

hide your soul out of his reach

Hurricane

@[splendora]
    @[The Monsters] please have at his invisibility

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i loved and i loved, and i lost you; insane - by Hurricane - 03-30-2021, 12:06 PM