• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

take me under, take me home
    Beyza
    They are not left waiting long. Beyza is all nerves as Jamie approaches - her white gaze fixed on him, tracking every twitch and every move. There’s an instinct to move forward, to put herself between the girls and him, and it takes effort to remain where she is standing. To watch and prepare to react. He says her name but she doesn’t respond, she’s too wary, too on-edge, too sick with the knowledge that she doesn’t know if she can trust him with these precious lives.

Jamie calls them perfect and does not reach to touch them, an act that would surely have had Beyza’s heart in her throat. When he crafts the wolf pups she feels tension rising but they are gifts, not attackers, and she watches in her silent way as they curl up next to the trio of daughters. The darkest one laughs at the pup that comes up to her, standing to greet it and nips at it before falling over on spindly legs and curling back into the comforting presence of her sisters - white eyes flickering in focus to all the shapes that surround her.

The white mare’s heart leaps in her chest when this daughter falls, even though she knows this is normal, knows they will fall many times as they learn about what it is to be living and moving in this strange world.

When this daughter is content on the ground, curled with the others and their shadow pups, Beyza does not quite relax but as she exhales some of the tension loosens from around her heart. When she blinks, a cautious smile appears. How is it this moment - arguably the most normal of all those she's shared with Jamie - that makes her more nervous than the rest?

She takes a deep breath before her attention turns back to him, still with that cautious expression as she whispers. “You can come say hello, if you’d like.” If you’re careful with them is the thought that echoes in Beyza’s mind but she doesn’t project it. She’s not sure she has to say it for him to understand. As far as Beyza is concerned, he is allowed to be one thing in their presence and it is not The Reaper. She keeps her eyes on him when she moves her head to the level of the triplets, her voice soft. “Girls, this is your father.”

@[jamie]

Messages In This Thread
    take me under, take me home - by Beyza - 03-08-2021, 07:12 PM
    RE: take me under, take me home - by jamie - 03-10-2021, 02:43 PM
    RE: take me under, take me home - by Beyza - 03-13-2021, 02:21 PM
    RE: take me under, take me home - by jamie - 03-22-2021, 10:44 PM
    RE: take me under, take me home - by Beyza - 04-03-2021, 06:14 PM
    RE: take me under, take me home - by jamie - 04-08-2021, 12:20 PM
    RE: take me under, take me home - by Beyza - 04-11-2021, 07:00 PM
    RE: take me under, take me home - by jamie - 04-12-2021, 12:02 PM