• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  They won’t let me swim free

a little white light in a
    sea gone black

Though nearly innavigatable on her own, the Loessian Queen has grown comfortable with the endless dark that has befallen Beqanna. She has yet to venture from the familiarity of her beloved foothills since the sun had made its final departure, instead opting to stand in solidarity with the residents who also belong to her kingdom. Her nerves continue to settle, albeit minimally, as time passes and no assault or clandestine strike comes at the hands of Hyaline. The presence of Tarian and Fiorina have assisted in that regard, she has no doubt.

Oceane offers the pair a polite nod and gentle smile as she gazes at them in the near dark, the trio illuminated by the flickering of Fiorina’s flames. Despite the impression of privacy the Long Night gives them, the opaline woman instinctively keeps her voice low as she addresses her Champion and Vanguard Primary.

“I’m sure you’ve crossed paths at this point, but I wanted all of us to meet to talk about the future of Loess,” she offers hardly a preamble, a reflection that these days she has been shying away from time-consuming, shallow small talk ─ more so in the company of those she trusts.

“What are you finding in your roles so far?” She extends the inquiry to both of them, curious and eager to hear how they’ve been fulfilling their respective duties and what, if anything, has caused them trouble. Oceane is not disillusioned by any means ─ Loess’ numbers are still minimal but seem to be growing, prompting hope that some will opt to join the Vanguard beneath Fiorina’s command. It’s Tarian who she hopes has had a quiet time of things since assuming his role as Champion; it’s an important role, deciding whether those who journey across their borders are friend or foe, and dealing promptly with the latter.

She falls into silence now with a flick of her lavender tail and an expectant look in her bright amber eyes, ready to receive what Fiorina and Tarian have for her.

@[Fiorina] & @[Tarian]
    “”

n | r
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    They won’t let me swim free - by Oceane - 03-16-2021, 11:08 AM
    RE: They won’t let me swim free - by Tarian - 03-26-2021, 01:29 PM
    RE: They won’t let me swim free - by Fiorina - 03-29-2021, 05:48 PM
    RE: They won’t let me swim free - by Oceane - 04-09-2021, 10:20 AM
    RE: They won’t let me swim free - by Tarian - 04-14-2021, 04:02 PM