• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  They won’t let me swim free

The stallion nods with an answer. "It was one of those foul-," and then bites his tongue. "A monster," he replies a moment later with a steadier voice. The orange flames of Fiorina's horns offer enough light for the gray stallion to rise to the amber eyes of the Loessian Queen. A solemn explanation follows when he meets her gaze: "One came upon me and Ashhal took the brunt of the attack."

It's a matter of honor with him. The thing had leaped at him and Ashhal had been the one who jumped towards it. So it becomes a debt for Tarian and the silver pegasus has never left one owed.

"The wound isn't fatal but my knowledge of healing is limited and I'd prefer not to invite infection." He looks to Fiorina because Tarian isn't entirely sure of who else might reside within the South. The armored mare had come before him so perhaps she might be able to help - "If either of you knows a healer..." Aiding a warrior isn't a kingdom affair. But his best chance is asking the two mares he keeps company with now. (It's just that this is where the winged stallion struggles; Tarian isn't accustomed to asking. Years alone have prevented it.)

After he has spoken, the conversation shifts to @[Fiorina] and the silver horse listens as she tells much the same story that Tarian had. The borders were quiet. Those still inside Loess seemed to be quieter than the things outside their borders and that seemed to work in the Southlands favor. He's seen death and decay - more outside the Southern Kingdom than in. Another point in their favor.

He takes the chance to openly study the sharp and fierce angles of the armored mare while their Queen makes her next request known. The leader of the Vanguard is to go to the blazing forest and find its leader - Sabra - while he is to go to the Pampas, where he may or may not find its keeper, Noah. Tarian casts one more look at Fiorina before his blue eyes return to find those of Lady @[Oceane]. "As you wish, My Lady." There is a moment of worry in the back of his mind that once both and the Vanguard Primary leave, something could go wrong.

The monsters could become unleashed, ravenous in a way that they hadn't been before. Maybe what little light they have could be snuffed out altogether. Maybe danger would come for the Queen or whatever other Loessians in another shape entirely.

Maybe the weight of your worries will make the stars come crashing down, he chides himself. Maybe the sun will return, only to light the entire world in flame and we all perish.

Thoughts like these would do him or his Kingdom any service. He waits for anything that his other companion might have to offer before nods again, realigning himself to the present and the mission that has been asked of them. "If there is nothing else," says the silver pegasus, "I will leave for the Pampas immediately."

Messages In This Thread
    They won’t let me swim free - by Oceane - 03-16-2021, 11:08 AM
    RE: They won’t let me swim free - by Tarian - 03-26-2021, 01:29 PM
    RE: They won’t let me swim free - by Fiorina - 03-29-2021, 05:48 PM
    RE: They won’t let me swim free - by Oceane - 04-09-2021, 10:20 AM
    RE: They won’t let me swim free - by Tarian - 04-14-2021, 04:02 PM