• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

to start back where we ended; agetta

— I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night —

She had not left the river since he disappeared. She searched the banks, half frightened to find him and half hoping for it. Agetta knew he had survived death once - but whether that was because of some magic in him or from an outside source (like her own resurrection) she didn’t know.

Hope was such a dangerous, all-consuming thing. But Agetta was not ready to lose him and did not allow herself to entertain the possibility.

Even if losing him also felt like payment for her sins.

Even if she didn’t deserve to have him in the first place.

When she sees him again, she doesn’t believe it at first. She’s thought she’s caught the beautiful orange of his eyes so many times now that she doesn’t trust herself. So she investigates like she had every other time and her heartbeat picks up when the colour remains, when he remains and does not become a shadowy mirage that disappears. A wordless cry escapes her and she closes the space between them without thought or hesitation - such little things had disappeared during the year they spent together. She reaches to brush her muzzle against his cheek and his neck, overjoyed at the fact that he is solid.

“Oh my love, you survived!” She’s too relieved about this fact that she does not immediately notice the lack of grey, how he is younger now than when she first met him. Her words fall quickly from her, thick as they are with joy and the aftermath of the sorrow that had plagued her. “I feared the worst when you went into the river and I couldn’t find you.”

Agetta

art by millionashes | table by laura

@[garbage]

@[The Monsters] let's just see if anything happens to her sacrifice embodiment <3

Messages In This Thread
    to start back where we ended; agetta - by garbage - 03-21-2021, 04:17 PM
    RE: to start back where we ended; agetta - by Agetta - 03-28-2021, 03:15 PM