• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I try to keep from going under
    Mazikeen
    One more white feather is left in Islandres. This time, Mazikeen is a little more prepared for the emotions that churn through her afterwards - but she’s as eager to avoid them as she always is. Better to think about something else. So she flies south and lands where the river meets the ocean. There’s the faintest glimmer of light on the surface of the water, a reflection of the thin halo that’s all they’ve had as a reminder of the sun.

Although she’s not afraid of the forest anymore, Mazikeen likes the openness of this spot. The ease with which she can keep an eye on her surroundings and know if anyone - or anything - approaches.

It feels like a good spot to practice.

Since completing her quest, her shifting has felt different. She’d prefer to do this with a friend, but why her list of those is smaller than it had been before her quest started is one of the topics she’s pointedly avoiding.

Anger simmers in her heart and she’s sure with the right push, even just the right thought, she could lose control - but she’s not sure she’ll remember what shapes she took when she eventually comes back to herself so that hardly seems like the best way to experiment. Even if it was the fastest and would certainly do the trick with turning off her brain for a little while.

The water is icy cold as she stands in the shallows of the ocean near where the River empties into it. The glow from her horns and that faint reflection of the eclipse her only light as she attempts to be creative.

Not one of her strong suits.

It had been easy to think of things to shift into when she was fighting but now? She lets her mind wander within defined boundaries, and when she thinks of the chill of the water - long hair sprouts on her legs. Polar bear, she thinks, and some of the chill recedes. Mazikeen looks back at the land, how everything is just shades of grey, and her coat darkens to a deep grey to match.

That is definitely new.

open to any!

Messages In This Thread
    I try to keep from going under - by Mazikeen - 03-22-2021, 06:37 PM
    RE: I try to keep from going under - by Chemdog - 03-28-2021, 07:52 PM
    RE: I try to keep from going under - by Mazikeen - 03-30-2021, 06:04 PM
    RE: I try to keep from going under - by Chemdog - 04-09-2021, 06:51 AM
    RE: I try to keep from going under - by Mazikeen - 04-12-2021, 03:32 PM
    RE: I try to keep from going under - by Chemdog - 04-16-2021, 09:28 AM
    RE: I try to keep from going under - by Mazikeen - 04-18-2021, 10:44 AM
    RE: I try to keep from going under - by Chemdog - 04-22-2021, 06:42 AM