• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sabra –
    I am irritable today. The kind of unsettled edginess that comes from holding still for too long. I am moving, constantly, and yet I feel that there has been no progress. No goals to be reached for, no ideas worth exploring. 

I have them, I do. It's just that often I forget. And that niggling sensation in the back of my mind is insisting that I've forgotten something once again. Something important, I think. 

I am considering swinging my head into a solid tree. Shake things loose with a little percussive maintenance. Likely though it will only give me a headache, so I only glower at the shadow trees and continue on. 

Through the boughs of my forest, light dances. This is unusual enough at the most normal of times, but even more so now. Odd enough that I wonder if it's a phantom of my mind. The memory of light. It illuminates my skin, awakening rainbows that have been sleeping since the darkness fell. Fire has long been an association of these woods, in literal and figurative ways. My mouth curves in a taut smile to see it returned. 

There is little enough to me anymore, an odd concordance to the pale mare on the other side of the flames. Thin, thin mares, eaten up by life that seems to go on and on. Too long. The cloak of my wings shift subtly while I consider the aged woman with her rhuemy eyes and patchy pelt. 

"You've wandered beyond the common lands, Crone," I inform with little inflection. I'm not sure that I care that she is here or not. I suppose the next few moments will make up my scattered mind for me. 

@[City]

Messages In This Thread
    sabra – - by City - 03-26-2021, 08:47 AM
    RE: sabra – - by Sabra - 04-19-2021, 10:32 AM