• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Bind our fortune, damn what the stars own [Atrox/Any]

Mazikeen keeps her neutral expression as they walk, not interrupting the quiet as she scans the surrounding dark area with her feline eyes. She knows well enough that the monsters have been spotted in Hyaline - her wrestling match with the one that came a few days ago being markedly more successful than the one when she was without her shifting. She feels confident in her ability to protect this mare if it came down to it - but caution won’t let her just wander without being aware of her surroundings.

Her ears flick when Ciri speaks again, commenting on Hyaline’s past. It was not a subject Mazikeen had ever thought to consider before - all that really mattered to her was what was going on inside of it right now.

While there may not be a smile dancing in her orange eyes or an overwhelming sense of friendliness from Mazikeen, she is polite and all of her responses had been such. Cool, maybe, but still polite as she replies again - her eyes shifting from the mare walking beside her to the shadows around them once more. “We don’t really need sanctuaries anymore, the world’s been pretty peaceful. Now Hyaline is home to a pack of shifters.”

Not feeling particularly curious, Mazikeen doesn't think of any questions of her own - and her attention is on their surroundings and making her way to the easiest path out of the mountains. Before very long, she can hear the sound of the river and as they draw closer the light from her horns glints on the surface. Mazikeen pauses on the banks, gesturing downstream. "If you follow this, it'll bring you to the common areas. I hope you're able to find who you're looking for."

MAZIKEEN
    mazikeen

@[Ciri] note: I’d appreciate it if you didn’t have Ciri somehow read Mazikeen’s mind or make up reactions for my character! The first line of my last post literally said that she wasn’t letting her frustration show so she wouldn't be "terse" and whatever. That being said, I feel like this is a good place to end things Smile

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Bind our fortune, damn what the stars own [Atrox/Any] - by Mazikeen - 04-12-2021, 03:10 PM