• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to break me clean it two
    Mazikeen
    She could lose herself in these kisses, she thinks. Each one makes the world a little harder to remember - which is a very dangerous thing. It is good that he brings up the idea of a tour, and reminds her where they are standing. A thrill runs through her at even the idea of more to come and the laugh that comes out when he says not by the lake is both embarrassed and a little breathless. She’s feeling bold, but not quite bold enough to pretend she wouldn’t care if everyone in the whole kingdom saw them right now. So instead she presses her own kiss to his cheek and whispers “Maybe I’ll work some more private spots into the tour and you can show me there.”

It’s an effort to step away but she wears a smile as she does, wondering if she’s more dazzled by his touch or from the sun being back. The combination of both is intoxicating.

She’s also feeling a little self-conscious about her home, knowing he’s coming from a verified tropical paradise (though she’s never seen in it the daylight), but she's come to like this rugged place and she points out the sights as they move. She tells him how beautiful it is here in the spring, especially the large wisteria tree she motions to growing further down the shore that will have millions of drooping purple flowers. She angles their path to climb the grass-covered foothills where she knows they’ll find a view of everything below (and, conveniently, some privacy among the mixed-wood forests there if they wish it). Mazikeen tells Gale how much she loves when the snow blankets everything and how that’s one of her favourite times to have fun with her shifting. “It’ll be a little colder than you’re used to, of course, but I’m sure you can handle it.”

The teasing smile shines in her orange eyes as they walk but it fades when reality begins to creep in again, reminding her that this is not the beginning of a wonderful future no matter how much she wishes it was. She takes care to keep her voice neutral when she asks “You’ll have to leave for a bit, won’t you?” He is the Chief back in Islandres, after all, and that means there are bound to be some things to wrap up before he can come to live here. Mazikeen wants to ask him to stay just for a little while, even just the rest of this day, because there’s no certainty about what he’ll be like when he gets back… but she’s sick with the knowledge that even that small request may not be fair. However happy she is in this moment, the memory of Gale shouting at her to stop thinking about herself lingers now and makes her hesitate to voice what she wants. Better to continue to follow his lead.

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    this is going to break me clean it two - by Gale - 04-02-2021, 10:21 AM
    RE: this is going to break me clean it two - by Mazikeen - 04-11-2021, 11:17 AM