• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I want to tell you so many lies
    Oh dear, I'm rather out of practice, aren't I? My smile is sugary sweet and it slips only the tiniest fraction when his eyes drop to my chest. Yes, yes, alright, let's get this over with. You'd think it was a lodestone I carried with me, instead of this splinter. 

My teeth are bared, a smile maybe, but a warning as well. "That, my dear," I began with a sharp note. "That is my reminder that it doesn't pay to look out for anyone but myself. A hard lesson, but a lesson learned nonetheless." A drop of blood fell wet and heavy at that moment, underscoring my words. Everything I say and do has blood marring it in some way. It's getting difficult to remember a time when that wasn't true. 

My eyes wander, in the way of one who cannot hold still, ever. It's manic, the way some part of me must always be twitching, jostling, swaying, but it's a tic I've yet to overcome. Indeed, it's only gotten worse with age. That's the cost of having electricity running through your veins. 

"What are you looking for?" I ask, distracted and then sharp again. Like a camera lense refocusing, I make myself anchor to the moment. To why I'm here. My eyes glint in the hard light, a vivid, fractured blue. I want him. Want him. In my woods, beneath my trees. There's a current that arcs inside my brain, hot and cold and alive. "I can help you find it. I know just where to start looking," and my mouth curls into a knowing grin. 

He's surly and rude, and that's all very annoying. But those things can be smoothed over, with time and care. 

@[Obscene] She's attempting to Enthrall him into following her to Sylva, he'll have to make eye contact for that effect to work!

Messages In This Thread
    I want to tell you so many lies - by Obscene - 04-05-2021, 09:08 PM
    RE: I want to tell you so many lies - by Sabra - 04-07-2021, 03:41 PM
    RE: I want to tell you so many lies - by Obscene - 04-07-2021, 04:53 PM
    RE: I want to tell you so many lies - by Sabra - 04-15-2021, 10:41 AM
    RE: I want to tell you so many lies - by Obscene - 04-16-2021, 12:51 AM