• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  "my heart's a ghost, " you cried; any

Kiss me again
    Kiss me until I am sick of it

For being so plainly mortal with mostly just his wits to protect him (whatever wits weren’t drowned in inebriation), you would think Obscene would be a much more cautious and timid thing. However, one has to care to be concerned about their livelihood. And Obscene was determined (among all things) to just not care. About anything. Anyone. Anywhere. Especially himself. What was the point? Even if he could relate to Bad’s childhood in some ways, he would just sum up that they were both fucked and double down on his thought process.

The dark haired boy hadn’t realized that a perfect family unit was a rarity. It was more common to come from a dysfunctional background and the stages of disfunction varied. Which was worse in this situation? The plain normal kid made from love but starved for attention and affection from distant parents or the special one that was shown love and affection but could feel the underlying distance of an unknown betrayal from his? Children are nothing if not perceptive and both of these young stallions had picked up those subtle threads that shaped them into what they were today. It didn’t matter in the end, whose story was worse. Because only they felt those stinging invisible wounds, so their own pain (their own memories) would always be worse.

In his woozy state of mind, he doesn’t realize that he’s startled him. Doesn’t pay attention to the fact that he may be intruding on someone’s peace of mind. The other stallion (who despite the galaxy fading along his coat) actually doesn’t look much different from him. Both young dark men, one with glowing eyes like a jackolantern and the other with blazing crimson fire. However Bad has this insanely cool fog trick that he now displays for him with a small smile and a little hint of pride.

A stupid grin appears on his lips as the fog comes in thick as if to swallow him, only to dissipate the moment it touches his skin. “That is… very cool.” He finally manages, for once not hiding behind his jealousy with a lie. It was really cool. A slight frown replaces the grin as he becomes almost sulky. “I wish I could do stuff like that.” Something he had never voiced before but thought about constantly. His little fae guardians would be chastising him right about now, about being grateful for what you had and blah blah blah. He can almost hear them in his head, “It’s better to make powerful people your friends instead of enemies since you’ll never be able to use magic.” "You are mortal, boy. It won't take much for your life to vanish into dust. And then who will remember you?" Brutally honest as always. Too bad the little fae had forgotten that unlike them, he could lie. And he could do it well. Enough so that they believed he truly didn't care. Enough to continue to get into their nectar stashes after promising not to do it again. Enough to pretend that he was doing just fine and enough for them to believe him.

Obscene

@[Bad]

Messages In This Thread
    "my heart's a ghost, " you cried; any - by Bad - 04-06-2021, 04:57 PM
    RE: "my heart's a ghost, " you cried; any - by Obscene - 04-19-2021, 04:36 PM