• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I know it goes from bad to worse

Mazikeen had looked for Firion after their last encounter, though she would never willingly admit it. For the most part, it had only been to the guilt that had plagued her after her anger had subsided. Her memory of her attack was hazy and while she thought she had seen him begin to heal after pushing her away she could not say for sure. She just wanted a glimpse of gold to let her know he wasn’t dead. That she hadn’t killed him. The glimpse hadn’t come, and then the sun broke and a million other things distracted her from her search.

So there’s a brief moment now, when she first sees Firion, where her only reaction is relief. It shines there long enough for a smile, true and soft, to appear in her eyes before the rest of her emotions collapse in on her and it fades away.

She’s a little surprised when he comes closer. Mazikeen’s instinct is to rise to her feet, to ready herself, but she checks herself instead - forcing her body to lower back down to the rock after she’s only risen an inch or so. She isn’t sure why - perhaps just as a false peace offering. A way to pretend she’s not a threat this time or maybe she just needs the hard surface of the rock to ground her.

It feels like every muscle in her body has turned into stone she’s so tense - though she does her best to keep up the appearance of being relaxed as she nods back to his greeting. “Hi Firion.” As though they’re old friends.

There’s an apology ghosting around in her mind but she isn’t sure how to say it. Isn’t sure she’s going to want to say it in a moment if their history has taught her anything. Instead, she says something else that’s true, a ghost of a smile tugging at the corner of her feline mouth. “I’m glad you’re alive.” Her eyes narrow a little bit then, taking in his incorporeal form fully. Although she had heard his initial words she had been too distracted by the fact that he was willingly approaching her to really let them sink in, but they do now. “You’re doing this? Are you alive?” Or is he a ghost, here to haunt her? She'd certainly deserve it and it would fit the theme with how things have been going lately.

MAZIKEEN
    mazikeen

@[firion]

Messages In This Thread
    I know it goes from bad to worse - by Mazikeen - 04-07-2021, 09:25 AM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by firion - 04-07-2021, 11:38 PM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by Mazikeen - 04-08-2021, 02:50 PM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by firion - 05-21-2021, 12:47 AM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by firion - 05-21-2021, 02:30 PM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by firion - 05-22-2021, 02:17 PM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by firion - 05-22-2021, 03:05 PM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by firion - 05-28-2021, 02:24 PM