• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  We’ll be counting stars
    Leilan
    There is so little to see, little to know, little to think about. One message, sent with hope, either to reach her in time or not. She’s had, of course, earlier warnings. Just the fact that the four of them have reached Beqanna’s incarnation and not being informed about a successful rescue - in fact learning they are lost; well she must have known and then steered the children around and back home.

Leilan knows better than to trust her instincts so he sent a message as well. It might never arrive or it might have broadcasted everywhere; but there were mere heartbeats to decide and this is all he knew to do.

The fairy that is Beqanna herself - that little purple thing with eyes of knowledge far beyond - she does what she needs and the dragon stallion thinks that if it had to end somewhere, this would be fitting. But it is not the end; she takes only what she needs, and warps it, uses it. Something is made hole in the distance, but the four don’t see the return of the light as such; instead they are presented with the excess of it.

Like the others, Leilan closes his eyes and once more finds that dragon eyes aren’t always the best option to have, as are all traits - both gift and curse, but still, part of them. If this deeper understanding is part of the magic that Beqanna returns to him, he cannot yet tell, but he understands more things only as they happen; nothing new there.

A sense of translocation follows and he finds Reave and Amarine on the beach, as well as their third companion. Seven floating lights turn into animals and such; companions, one of which he knows is his. He smiles a bit at the two Taigans, wondering about the rest of the group in the meantime. Where did Cheri, Memorie and Lilli go? If they disappeared, who’s gonna tell Yanhua?

The new magician disappears from the beach accidentally - only his companion, being a part of his sense of self, travels with. Leilan appears in the middle of Taiga, disoriented but right in front of the male who’d just crossed his thoughts.

He blinks, his grasp on the magic still small, and swirling ice-coloured eyes take a measure of the younger male. ”Ah. @[Yanhua]. I was just thinking of you.” The scaled stallion blinks again as he settles into the fact that he had just teleported; apparently the fairy magic was still fickle.

What he has yet to realise is that his own magic has teleported him, not the fairy’s; but right now he has bigger concerns. This young man needs to lead Taiga, now that his mother is temporarily absent, and Leilan isn’t sure that he knows this, yet.
    I feel your love and I feel it burn
    down this river, every turn
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    We’ll be counting stars - by Leilan - 04-07-2021, 11:44 AM
    RE: We’ll be counting stars - by Yanhua - 04-08-2021, 10:31 AM
    RE: We’ll be counting stars - by Leilan - 04-08-2021, 11:33 AM
    RE: We’ll be counting stars - by Yanhua - 04-12-2021, 04:17 PM
    RE: We’ll be counting stars - by Leilan - 04-16-2021, 03:29 PM
    RE: We’ll be counting stars - by Yanhua - 04-23-2021, 03:37 PM
    RE: We’ll be counting stars - by Leilan - 04-30-2021, 06:47 AM