• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  We’ll be counting stars

Yan’s instinct is to fight with Leilan. He can’t help it; the very nature of their relationship is… tangled. So much between them had been unfairly twisted and in the time between seeing one another, Yan and Leilan had grown comfortable with the distance. Nashua always bridged the gap, or Lilli, and now one of them was gone and the other had a loyalty tied to Icicle Isle and the Freyr with swirling eyes like molten silver. Yan wants to disagree, but for once he stops himself and thinks. “If Leilan is right,” He considers, and he has no reason to believe otherwise, “then everything must change.”

His attitude to start with. His priorities secondly, and those are no longer just tied to his family and his family alone. They’re tied to Taiga herself now, to every horse who calls this land home and by extension, every horse who inhabits the North. Yanhua’s place in the world has changed to Guardian, and part of understanding what that meant was to also understand where his “place” put him. At the helm of these woods and underneath Leilan’s claw. The two are undivided.

“I see.” Yanhua whispers boldly into the space between himself and the bulky shape-shifter. He meant it. “And I accept. Taiga is my home and I’ll do my duty to ensure it stays protected.”

Then comes a sigh, long and winded without pause until Yanhua feels the tension unravel and the spinning thoughts inside his head settle down.

“Is there anything you need from me?” He looks up, levels his eyes with Leilan’s and swallows his doubt. “Anything else I should be aware of or on the lookout for?”

YANHUA
    Image by Ani2ad

@[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    We’ll be counting stars - by Leilan - 04-07-2021, 11:44 AM
    RE: We’ll be counting stars - by Yanhua - 04-08-2021, 10:31 AM
    RE: We’ll be counting stars - by Leilan - 04-08-2021, 11:33 AM
    RE: We’ll be counting stars - by Yanhua - 04-12-2021, 04:17 PM
    RE: We’ll be counting stars - by Leilan - 04-16-2021, 03:29 PM
    RE: We’ll be counting stars - by Yanhua - 04-23-2021, 03:37 PM
    RE: We’ll be counting stars - by Leilan - 04-30-2021, 06:47 AM