• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  that day even the sun was afraid of you; sam pony
    elodie
    Just as she is not a thing made for being missed, she is not a thing made for arguing, so she does not open her mouth to insist that he is wrong. She is graceful in defeat and accepts this loss with a slanted smile. (It does not mean that she believes him, no, it only means that she is not willing to quarrel about it any longer. She will let him have this victory.)

But he turns his attention away from her then, looks up at the moon and she follows his gaze. If there had been any fight left in her, certainly it would have been silenced by what she sees. She is stunned into absolute stillness by the silver threads of light he pulls out of the sky, her eyes wide in breathless wonder as they curl so tenderly around her. How sweetly they caress her, crooning, and she wants to watch them but she cannot seem to tear her gaze away from him.

For the space of a breath, there is nothing but this song and the thunder of her pulse and then-

And then the light retreats and she is left staring at him, chest heaving. How casually he speaks next, as if he had not just commanded the moon to come down and sing for her. She barely hears his answer to the question she’d almost forgotten she’d asked, but the answer will linger in the back of her mind, somewhere just within reach so that she can come back to it. Examine it closely. Ask him what it means. 

How did you do that?” she whispers finally, still breathless. 

and if i go, i’m goin’ shameless
    I’ll let my hunger take me there

@[firion]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: that day even the sun was afraid of you; sam pony - by elodie - 05-22-2021, 03:16 PM