• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  consider how to find a place to stand
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

When Tiercel had last been on Islandres, he’d told Gale that he was thinking of staying in Loess, and it’s clear now that he’d done so. The dun stallion with his iridescent markings is impossible to miss, yet in seems that the returning light has altered his triplet as well.

It’s an intriguing thing, his brother’s glowing heart, and Gale’s blue eyes go cloudy as he Looks closer. He comes quite close to ruining this happy reunion by asking about it, but fortunately Tiercel speaks first, and Gale does not ruin things quickly.

His brother seems happy, warm and cheerful, and the newly sprouted idea that perhaps he should tell Tiercel about the Curse is immediately quashed. He can’t upset him. Not when Gale is still not sure, because hasn’t he felt better since the light returned? Perhaps this is all a misunderstanding.

With that unexpectedly cheerful thought in his own mind, Gale shares other news instead: “As Hyaline.” And then, belatedly realizing that his response makes no sense, adds: “I’m moving to Hyaline, I mean. Have you been there?”

@[Tiercel]

Messages In This Thread
    consider how to find a place to stand - by Gale - 04-08-2021, 07:52 AM
    RE: consider how to find a place to stand - by Gale - 04-14-2021, 01:18 PM