• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  out of your head
    Beyza
    Beyza is fascinated by the steam that begins to drift off of him and even more fascinated when it suddenly stops. She smiles a little, but doesn’t ask about it - not yet. It feels as though she’s becoming more and more interested by the second, though, and the list of things she’s curious about continues to grow.

Neutral, he tells her, and Beyza thinks this is likely where she would’ve fallen in too.

And when he continues, the smile on her crystalline features softens. “I’m sorry.” She says automatically, though she knows she had nothing to do with what happened to him. But she finds that she’s sorry all the same - and she doesn’t think it is inspired by pity. It’s because, at least in part, she knows what is like to be drawn into a quest and have it affect everything after. Her voice is quiet when she adds. “Quests like that still happen.” Beyza almost gestures to her own scars but… they’re such small, delicate things compared to his. She does not want it to seem like she’s gloating.

Especially since she does not think his scar ugly. She finds it interesting and is still wondering about its texture, even though part of her also wonders if she should offer to see if her magic can get rid of it. Would that be kind or insulting?

It's a line she's having a little more difficulty distinguishing lately, now that she cares a little more which side she falls onto.

At his question about her parents, her smile brightens again. “They are. Though I think all of them were dead once, for a time. They’re very old, though I don’t think they’d appreciate me saying that.” A grin dances in her pale gaze as she says this. She wasn’t sure any of them knew for sure how old they were, but enough for Beyza to have some siblings that were old enough to be her great-grandparents at least.

She pauses, trying to remember what bits of her parents' histories she’s been told or that she had accidentally gleaned when she was young and still learning her magic. “My father, Plume, was from the Gates - as was one of my mothers, Agetta. And my other mother, Ryatah, I think was from the Dale and Valley.” Her strange collection of parents has stopped seeming so strange to Beyza - all three of those she has listed were her parents to her, even if her father wasn’t truly related to her by blood.

Beyza tilts her head again, watching Tiberios for any reactions to the names - curious if he might have crossed paths with any of them, or if he had come from another time altogether.

@[Tiberios]

Messages In This Thread
    out of your head - by Beyza - 04-08-2021, 02:38 PM
    RE: out of your head - by Tiberios - 04-09-2021, 02:01 PM
    RE: out of your head - by Beyza - 04-13-2021, 04:14 PM
    RE: out of your head - by Tiberios - 04-19-2021, 01:47 PM
    RE: out of your head - by Beyza - 04-28-2021, 07:24 PM
    RE: out of your head - by Tiberios - 05-04-2021, 10:51 AM
    RE: out of your head - by Beyza - 05-08-2021, 07:23 PM
    RE: out of your head - by Tiberios - 05-14-2021, 12:07 PM
    RE: out of your head - by Beyza - 05-18-2021, 04:12 PM
    RE: out of your head - by Tiberios - 05-21-2021, 11:08 AM