• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  out of your head

I can see the fire's still alight

To be honest, Tiberios was sorry too. Sorry that quest ever had to happen in order for him to find out his own self-worth, knowing damn well it’d been there all along. In the midst of Beyza’s company those memories feel like faraway dreams, but Tib knew better than most how real his experience had been and his scar is the constant reminder. Had he known what the white mare was thinking (concerning the matter of healing such a terrible wound), Tiberios would’ve thanked her but politely declined. He’d tried many times himself to rid his body of the thing, but fae magic and the subsource of Beqanna’s magic weren’t on equal playing fields. He was stuck with this marking for life, part of him begrudgingly understanding why.

Tib had lived with the scar longer than he’d lived without it, anyways. “Mm. A shame, that.” He frowned at the quietness of her voice, hating that arcane methods of gaining power still remained largely unchanged since his previous life. Tib shifted, sensing himself wrinkling, and drug himself up the shore and out of the water back onto dry land, giving Beyza her space but finding the matter a delicate one given the small berth of the sandy bank.

“I won’t tell them you said so.” He chuckled with her, gently shaking the remaining water from his mane. Curious that she would mention her parents having died at one point as well, considering Tiberios had recently come back from an early, prolonged grave. It made him wonder if his circumstance wasn’t as unique as he thought, and then his brow furrowed. He’d never assumed that waking up would be harder than going to sleep forever. “This place.” He flicked his ears, thinking of Beqanna.

“Hmm … I think you underscored just how old.” Tib smiled partly, looking over his shoulder to find Beyza staring back at him. The intensity of her gaze (though he assumed it was meant with good intentions) unnerved him. “Your parents pre-date my generation. I lived right before that Reckoning catastrophe. All of this,” He looked away from her and swept his eyes out upon the bright and shining world, “is new to me. My father was Tiphon and my brother was Ramiel, the last of the Dale lineage.” He sighed, turning around to face his companion once again.

“I was … I was murdered.” He admitted. Tiberios told himself that he was spilling everything because of what she’d shared with him, that had it been any other horse he would’ve kept this secret tucked away. “My spirit started to fade but being alive again, I can remember it clearly. All of it.” He simmered. “And now that I’m back, I want what’s due to me. Maybe once upon a time I was neutral, but now?” He scoffed, flicking the wet strands of his tail sharply against his hide. “Now all I want is revenge.”

@[Beyza]

Messages In This Thread
    out of your head - by Beyza - 04-08-2021, 02:38 PM
    RE: out of your head - by Tiberios - 04-09-2021, 02:01 PM
    RE: out of your head - by Beyza - 04-13-2021, 04:14 PM
    RE: out of your head - by Tiberios - 04-19-2021, 01:47 PM
    RE: out of your head - by Beyza - 04-28-2021, 07:24 PM
    RE: out of your head - by Tiberios - 05-04-2021, 10:51 AM
    RE: out of your head - by Beyza - 05-08-2021, 07:23 PM
    RE: out of your head - by Tiberios - 05-14-2021, 12:07 PM
    RE: out of your head - by Beyza - 05-18-2021, 04:12 PM
    RE: out of your head - by Tiberios - 05-21-2021, 11:08 AM