• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Time cast a spell on you but you won't forget me [Oceane]

Help me out before I drown
    Save me now before I give up

“Good”. A single brow raises at her unexpected response and he fails to find the right retort in time, she’s already settling herself in front of him. He’s not quite sure what to make of her. Brash and sure of herself, confident in her own skin. It hadn’t been missed, the slight step back when he had been struggling to control the emotion on his face. However she stood firm against him, unwavering with her head held high and regarding him with an open frankness that leaves him feeling quite exposed. His gaze ticks back to her as she chuckles. It’s a lifeline, an offering for more. Hesitantly, he takes it.

”I highly doubt that.” He snorts but stops trying to cover the exposed socket and his voice is warmer, has lost its edge. A smooth bourbon instead of cheap whisky. She hadn’t even seen the fun drawing on his flank as most of his body remains in the shade and pivoted away from her. Made from a spoiled kid playing connect the dots but deciding on fire and flesh as its medium. Not to mention the scars that nobody could see. Or the crack in his literal glass heart. His brands even glow now, a new fun little reminder.

She’s ruffling her feathers again but he refuses to look at them, keeping his gaze trained to the lovely features of her face. The molten hues of her amber eyes draw him in and he can’t help the subliminal reaction as the gold flecks of his eye flicker in response. As if sensing it, she surprises him again and this time he doesn’t bother to hide the surprise that he feels. “Quite forward aren’t you? Amusement on his lips that reach the mahogany of his eye, a glimmer of warmth. “No.” He finally gives her. “That was also a very long time ago.” And he steadies himself for the wave of pain that’s sure to break across his chest but it’s faint, barely a ripple. Something about just talking to someone, the distraction, seems to help.

A sudden realization that he doesn’t even know a thing about this woman before him whose so nosily questioning and inspecting him. ”Are these your usual recruiting tactics? In my experience it usually helps to start with your name.” A slight roll of his shoulder as he gives a shrug, a hint of teasing in the depths of gold. Making a point of not offering his own.

Ledger

@[Oceane]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Time cast a spell on you but you won't forget me [Oceane] - by Ledger - 04-11-2021, 07:48 PM