• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  something has changed within me
    Someone is coming toward her, and Moira nearly rears up as she tries to get tall enough to see them over the grass. Her blue-violet ears are flicking excitedly, and it never occurs to her that what is coming might be dangerous.

It is a boy, and he looks to have hatched in a season close to her own, neither a tiny baby nor a near-adult. Moira has never actually seen a boy before, so she stares at him in a sort of marveled delight, from his glowing nose to his shiny tail.

She is just thinking that the boy looks like a sun when he asks if she is a fish, and Moira laughs delightedly.

“No!” She replies between giggles. She is flattered by the comparison (especially without all her fins!), and decides that both the Mainland and Boys are not quite as bad as she had been warned. “I’m Moira.”

“I’m here to have an adventure,” she confides to the stranger, looking about the Meadow as though it is the most perfect place for an adventure. And to a girl who has only ever seen the darkness of Ischia and a bit of its day, the sunlit meadow is a wonderland.

It is, however, only half so marvelous beside a boy who she has begun to suspect is a sun as well, albeit smaller and a little less glowy than the one overhead.

“Are you a sun?” She asks curiously, hoping that she sounds polite. She’s not sure Momma had ever told them how to address a Sun.

@[Helion]

Messages In This Thread
    something has changed within me - by Moira - 04-09-2021, 05:34 PM
    RE: something has changed within me - by Helion - 04-11-2021, 10:22 AM
    RE: something has changed within me - by Moira - 04-11-2021, 11:15 AM
    RE: something has changed within me - by Helion - 04-15-2021, 08:47 PM
    RE: something has changed within me - by Moira - 04-18-2021, 04:25 PM
    RE: something has changed within me - by Helion - 04-27-2021, 05:57 PM
    RE: something has changed within me - by Moira - 05-12-2021, 07:32 PM
    RE: something has changed within me - by Helion - 05-28-2021, 01:56 PM
    RE: something has changed within me - by Moira - 06-11-2021, 08:27 AM