• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  something has changed within me
    Helion tells her of his sister the moon, and Moira’s eyes go wide with astonishment. Her hatch-mate is a kraken, as strong as she is lovely, but even a leviathan of the sea is not so grandiose as a moon. She completely forgets her concern over his lack of a home and the small twinge of jealousy at the idea of flying. A moon sister.

“I’d like to meet her,” she tells him, “and you can meet Acionna. She is a kraken.” He will probably not be as impressed by her mother, who is the embodiment of the ocean itself. She forgets for just a moment, having known the water all her life, that the ocean is no less marvelous than the sky overhead.

Moira’s love of mischief had developed early, and remains secondary only to her adoration of the water. (She and Acionna had been talking about their favorites the other day, and Moira’s were the ocean and jokes and all things pearlescent). This prank - the water bubble prank - is one of her specialities, and as soon as Helion confirms he is a great swimmer, Moira drops it on his head.

It is not an especially large amount - just enough to soak a portion of a horse’s mane. Well, the mane of a horse with hair for a mane, and not one like Moira’s fins.

She doesn’t wait long for Helion to react, and paws excitedly at the water that flows around her legs. Another step and she feels the transformation beginning, hears the gurgling of the river change from happy gibberish into a chorus of trillions of friendly voices.

Moira smiles, delighted by the sensation as she always is, and leaps toward the deepest part of the creek a moment before her hind legs transform into a single aquatic tail. The fins at the end match those along her legs and spine, though the impressive swirl of them is lost in the dark shallows of the creek. In the warm tropics she is at her very best, but even here she moves beneath the waters with the ease of one hatched beneath them.

She rises from the water after thorough soaking of her now-gleaming scales, and calls to him with rivulets of water running between her seafoam eyes. It’s a call she’s been practicing for a while, one that will someday be irresistible. Moira still needs to perfect her song, and Helion makes a very convenient audience.

@[Helion]

Messages In This Thread
    something has changed within me - by Moira - 04-09-2021, 05:34 PM
    RE: something has changed within me - by Helion - 04-11-2021, 10:22 AM
    RE: something has changed within me - by Moira - 04-11-2021, 11:15 AM
    RE: something has changed within me - by Helion - 04-15-2021, 08:47 PM
    RE: something has changed within me - by Moira - 04-18-2021, 04:25 PM
    RE: something has changed within me - by Helion - 04-27-2021, 05:57 PM
    RE: something has changed within me - by Moira - 05-12-2021, 07:32 PM
    RE: something has changed within me - by Helion - 05-28-2021, 01:56 PM
    RE: something has changed within me - by Moira - 06-11-2021, 08:27 AM