• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i know i've dreamed you
    YOU CAN HAVE MY HEART, IF YOU HAVE THE STOMACH TO TAKE IT.
    She hasn’t left Tephra since the eclipse first began. The dark never filled her with any sort of thrill as it did for her brother. Instead, she found herself hiding within the rivers of home and wishing her body didn’t glow in the perfect dark. The soft ebb of her markings seemed to draw the monsters to her. Of course, her mother and father were always nearby with their own sharp teeth to answer any threat. But the close calls replayed in her mind endlessly and the small scar along her cheek would never let her forget.

So when the sun finally ascends from the horizon, she releases a sigh of exquisite relief. The weight of her fear is lifted from her shoulders and she smiles for the first time in ages. Katarine has kept her eyes trained on the soft glow of the volcano that it seems to be all she knows anymore. She missed the way the sun reflected along restless waters and she’s eager to plunge beneath the surface. Little fish scatter from her abrupt descent and the splash of her lavender tail

The warm summer river melts the frost along her scales as she swims against the current toward the commonlands. She can’t recall the way anything beyond the Tephran borders looks but she’s delighted at the idea of memorizing it all again, to relearn the mountain in the distance and the rolling hills of the meadow. Slowly, she peeks her head above the river’s surface and takes it all in as if for the first time - the pale grass that withstood the night, the faces of strangers squinting into their first day in a year. Her white forelock sticks to her face when she lifts her head higher now, dripping and grinning as wide as she can manage.

The sun is warm against her face as she comes to rest against the riverbank. Her body has ached to bask like this again. The frost quickly reforms across her scaled body despite the heat but she doesn’t seem uncomfortable in the slightest from it. Already, her eyes drift closed but the smile remains along her lips as she begins to slip into a nice summer nap.
    KATARINE

@[Obscene]

Messages In This Thread
    i know i've dreamed you - by katarine - 04-10-2021, 11:33 AM
    RE: i know i've dreamed you - by Obscene - 04-10-2021, 01:19 PM