• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies [Crowns]

Kiss me again
    Kiss me until I am sick of it

Pull yourself together. There’s going to be a party. The few fae that looked out for him (more like patronizingly helped him when he constantly crashed into their thicket in a highly inebriated state) seem excited as they buzz around his ears and giggle with excitement. He had found the fairies as a child by accident on one of his many lonely outings. They weren’t important on the scale of Beqanna faerie hierarchy, couldn’t grant him gifts or do much with their magic, but they were kind to him and that had mattered most. He did a piss poor job of returning the favor, constantly making a mess of their home and showing up drunk after stealing their nectar liquor, sometimes high if he stumbled across those special delectable mushrooms. Yet they looked after him just the same, like a naughty puppy that needed constant scolding but they couldn’t help but give him a comforting scratch behind the ears after.

The familiar throbbing of pain right behind his eyeballs has formed a hard knot of a headache as he groans and stretches, sprawled in the little thicket of the Meadow. ”Oh do shut up.” He groans to the chattering sprites but they pay him no mind and his words lack venom. A small splash of water across his face is enough to make him pop open an eyelid, a fiery iris narrowing in annoyance. Fine, he’s up. Grumbling, he finally stretches and rolls to his belly, the pounding in his head fading slightly as he takes in the activity around him. As soon as they realize he’s fully awake, they descend on him in a flutter of wings.

There’s no escape as they tease his raven locks and splatter gold dust along his cheekbones. They chide him as they primp and pinch him. This is an opportunity to make some friends, they say. He says nothing, having heard this lecture a thousand times. How it wasn’t normal for him to be alone all the time. How he needed to be a little less rough around the edges. You don’t want to die alone do you? This comes from the sharp admonishment from one of the plumper fae. (Well yes, maybe I do) he thinks but doesn’t speak. Instead… "I’m going to look stupid.” He growls as they press the metallic dust to his fur but he knows that’s a lie. The one thing he has going for him is his looks. Ridiculously good looking and the stain of gold on black only seems to enhance it. In a matter of minutes they are finished, pushing him from the thicket towards the portal, reminding him to eat and sober up.

They were so annoying.
    He couldn’t help but love them deep down in his little withered heart.

Making his way towards the portal, he swipes a few tufts of summer grass on his way. Trying to stop the rumbling in his belly and easing the pain in his head. He still isn’t a big fan of how bright the sun is, how it had infiltrated the cool darkness that he had grown accustomed too. Apparently this party was to welcome it back and his nostrils flare as he snorts with a flicker of amusement. As long as he could find a drink in that place then he would celebrate whatever they wanted. The arch of ice appears, tall and cavernous in its appearance. A hint of stars and snowfall beckoning just beyond his reach. He doesn’t think twice as he steps though it and in a matter of seconds he’s standing in a snowy field, patches of dark granite pushing through snow and short stalks of grass.

His flesh responds to the sudden onslaught of cold with a shiver that runs along his shoulders. Immediately he’s searching for libations, mentally snapping at himself for not pregaming ahead of time. A little hair of the dog would have been perfect right now. His summer coat is thin and despite the warmth of the sun, the cold settles into his fur. Red eyes flicking to find his preferred method of combating the elements and social awkwardness (drinking) he starts moving towards the flickering blue flames of a tree (weird) in the hopes of some extra warmth. Perhaps he would run into something or someone interesting along the way.

Obscene

@[crowns] Let's party <3

Messages In This Thread
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies [Crowns] - by Obscene - 04-10-2021, 12:00 PM