• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  there must be something in the water; Islay and Fenwe
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

He remains in the air until he sees them, settling onto a beached bit of wood as he waits for islay - and farther behind her Fenwe - to arrive

It is not until he’s looking up at the blue girl that he realizes he remains in his osprey form, so with a soft laugh at himself, Gale becomes his equine shape again, complete with white feathered wings and a cheerful smile at the pair of them.

“I suppose this is becoming a bit of a tradition now,” he says, thinking of the way that Ruinam had left the island, leaving Gale, and now Gale intends to do the same.

The brindle stallion is thinking back on the day that the white stallion had invited him here. It had been a place to wash the red dirt of his grave away, to sleep, to worry about nothing at all. Islandres had been a paradise when he needed one, but now he needs something different.

“I’m leaving for Hyaline,” he tells them both, “And Islandres will need someone to act as leader.” He looks from one to the other, “Or leaders.” He doesn’t ask them, not quite yet, but he does look from Fenwe’s teal face to Islay’s blue one with much curiosity.

@[Islay] & @[Fenwe]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there must be something in the water; Islay and Fenwe - by Gale - 04-16-2021, 01:05 PM