• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  there must be something in the water; Islay and Fenwe
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Islay is the first to speak, and Gale fixes her with his bright eyes. She sounds hesitant, and her words are soft, so Gale steps a little closer, and presses his muzzle gently against hers. It’s no different than the greetings he’d given her before, when she was a youngling with her family. It doesn’t occur to him that several (dark) years have passed since then, and that she is no longer a weanling, and that greeting strangers in such a way has gotten him into trouble before.

“You’ve got this,” he tells her reassuringly, trying his best to hide the smile at the tale of her gull-bait attempt at leadership. His blue eyes meet hers and Gale smiles warmly.

Fenwe, when he glances toward her, seems no less perturbed. At the nervous switch of her tail he repeats the gesture with the teal mare, patting her reassuringly on the shoulder.

“I think you two will make a good team,” he tells them.

He could leave now, he thinks, but it doesn’t feel quite right to do so without telling them both what he knows of Islandres. He tells them of Queen Isilya in Tephra, who had been wise and beautiful, and that her successor is a stranger to Gale but surely as just a leader as she. The nereids of Ischia are friendly neighbors, but their cousins the kelpies will sometimes need reminding that Islandres is not a good hunting ground.

“If you need help with them, you can come find me.” He adds, because while he thinks the two young women in front of him to be capable leaders, that is not a role that automatically comes with skill in driving off unwelcome guests. “Do you have any questions?”

@[Islay] & @[Fenwe]

ooc: i'm going to update the board now so you'll both have mod options; feel free to reuse the ranks code if you'd like! if you'd like a different title than chief on the board just lmk

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there must be something in the water; Islay and Fenwe - by Gale - 04-18-2021, 09:34 AM