• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  show me who you are

She stands firm when he lunches - hissing softly when there is no contact. Even now he won’t touch her, not even to strike. Her pale eyes narrow at his angry words before they widen in surprise. Beyza doesn’t need magic to shove her nose at him, to push him as she bristles with anger and pain and steps closer. “What exactly did I deny you, Jamie? What more do I owe you?”

That harmless electricity arcs in wilder sparks around her. A pretty, intimidating, and useless show as she feels her emotions begin to churn out of her control. She tries to wrestle them back into their boxes, back to where they cannot affect her. 

I owe you nothing. I killed for you, I tried to destroy the sun for you, I bore our daughters because of your dream of them. I would have never denied you anything.” She’d thought that so many times she isn’t sure she’d ever spoken it aloud. But the weight of that truth is painful now. She’d wrestled with thoughts of diminishing her light to ease his pain, of bending herself to fit into his life just so he’d keep her. And she had been happy with that, thrilled with his reverence of her power and filled to the brim with her own reverence for his.

But it hadn’t been enough. She is furious that he could possibly think she betrayed him after everything. Just because she wanted the sun back?

Or was it a betrayal that he was no longer the focus of her world? That she was no longer caught in his gravity.

Her voice waivers as she continues but she manages to get a handle on the ache, that desire in her to smooth things over and tell him whatever he wants to hear. “I believed in a future with you until I discovered what a loveless wasteland it would be. Until I got a taste of something more. So yes I wish I had had brought back the sun. I deserve better than the cold, dark world you want. My daughters deserve better.” The emphasis is there on purpose and her eyes blaze as she stands close to him and whispers those harsh words.

He didn’t deserve those girls either.

beyza

artwork by kharthian

@[jamie]

Messages In This Thread
    show me who you are - by Beyza - 04-13-2021, 04:28 PM
    RE: show me who you are - by jamie - 04-14-2021, 10:17 PM
    RE: show me who you are - by Beyza - 04-17-2021, 08:16 PM
    RE: show me who you are - by jamie - 04-20-2021, 10:32 PM
    RE: show me who you are - by Beyza - 04-28-2021, 04:26 PM
    RE: show me who you are - by jamie - 05-18-2021, 02:17 PM
    RE: show me who you are - by Beyza - 05-18-2021, 03:24 PM