• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to bring me clarity | Mazikeen
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

His time away had been unexpectedly lengthy, but Gale sweeps into Hyaline on white feathered wings long before the birds begin to sing. He swoops across the lake, trailing his dark hooves across the mirror-like surface. Belatedly he recalls the fish creature who lives in the depths, and hopes that he has not disturbed the rest of Mazikeen’s friend with his skimming.

Nothing erupts from the water behind him, so he decides he is safe, and banks toward the grassy meadows just above the water, using the ever-uphill nature of the terrain to aid in his landing. Gale folds his white wings to him, and then into his sides entirely, a habit he’d seemingly developed in his time away from Hyaline.

He’d been farther than he’d expected, and Islandres was not the only place he returns from late tonight. Gale yawns, but is reluctant to sleep. He has things to do yet, and the first of them is finding Mazikeen.

So he shifts to something with an excellent nose, and soon a blue-brindled polar bear heads up the mountain in search of the white mare. 

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    this is going to bring me clarity | Mazikeen - by Gale - 04-13-2021, 07:46 PM