• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to bring me clarity | Mazikeen
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Though the shape he wears is an excellent tracker, the quarry he seeks is more elusive than any seal, and he’s sure no (natural) bear has even hunted this high in the mountains. Now and then, he uses his natural advantages; altering his vision so he might better see the way grass has been bent or stones upturned, shifting partially so he might use the echolocation of the bat to see if Mazikeen had gone into this crevice or simply climbed around it.

By the time he finds her, Gale is  very sure she’s led him this way on purpose, and he’s searching for the proud grin on her face as soon as she comes into view. Proud, but also relieved, a tone that is present in her voice as well, when she greets him with a single pair of words.

“I am,” he replies, equally verbose, and unsure how to make a polar bear face smile.

She is sitting just out of reach on the rock, and when she makes no move to come down, Gale tilts his blue head in puzzlement. Mazikeen can’t want him to join her up on the small rock, so he stays where he is. He is not sure if something has changed since he left, or if perhaps he had taken too many liberties before he had, pushing her farther than she’d wanted in terms of physical affection. He will find this out later, he decides, because now he has news.

“Icicle Isle is having a midsummer festival,” he replies, settling into a form that can sit and stare up at her more easily, a large blue lion with a pale white mane. “Would you go with me?”

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this is going to bring me clarity | Mazikeen - by Gale - 04-14-2021, 07:07 AM