• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Here come the sun, little darling // Any

Yanhua had been so stupid to think he could bear the weight of the world on his shoulders alone. He can see that now, so clearly. All this time he’d considered it a job or a duty to try and keep them together, when he should’ve just been there for them like he was now for Amarine. It’s so obvious that this is what he’s good at, and the much larger stallion takes to this job like a fish to water: naturally. Amarine was small and delicate, but not weak - he’d never thought that of her. Instead, she’s allowing him to see the vulnerable sides that could be mistaken for weakness, but he knows better. Sadness and loss are familiar ghosts for these two horses.

“I missed you more than words can describe, clearly.” Yan couldn’t help but laugh. Be it from delirium, anxiety lifted, or a combination of both. “The girls are fine.” He told her quickly, rubbing the flat of his nose along the length of her short, lovely back. An easy feat for a stallion whose neck was nearly as long. “They’re back and -” He cut himself short.

A noisy little creature made of fuzz leapt up onto Amarine’s back, taking Yan by surprise and cutting him off. He lifted his head, surprised, and looked down at it with a pair of wide, blue eyes. “That’s new.” He noted the marbled fox, but Ama seemed to almost relax under the weight of its bulk and so Yan let it go… for now.

“- and Lilliana… I’ve been given word from Leilan that she’s missing. Enough so that he’s asked me to take up her position as Guardian.” The great horned chestnut spoke softly. “How overwhelming this must be for her.” He thought numbly, reaching out to untangle the snarls in her mane. The soft color looked so bright and alive he could hardly believe it; after so much death and terror, this moment felt surreal. Without explanation he knew that Amarine would understand what Lilli’s absence meant, and what this would mean for Yan in the months to come. The sun had returned and they’d all paid a heavy price for it.

“Are you tired? Should we rest?” He nosed her here and there, mesmerized by the scent and sound of her body. She looked fine; a bit bigger actually, which caught his wayward attention. He’d forgotten that he should probably warn her about Taiga and its many changes, because he was focused on what she’d just told him about Neverwhere. Had Amarine truly died, then? Was her adopted mother in the afterlife with his dam, stuck in limbo or waiting for someone to rescue them? “Tell me what happened after seeing Nev.” He urged her gently. “The girls had a rough time of things for a while after coming home. I can’t imagine what you’ve been through.”

YANHUA
    Image by Ani2ad

@[Amarine]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Here come the sun, little darling // Any - by Yanhua - 04-27-2021, 07:40 PM