• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  they can't see you if you don't move
    MAURTIA
    Only having one sister sounds pretty boring. Who would Malik team up with to pick on her? Would he do all that by himself? That was a lot of work. Everyone knows you need at least three so that everyone gets their turn being picked on and being part of the team doing the picking. Those are just the facts.

Luckily for them both, the pity she would’ve looked at him with gets swept away by other, more interesting topics. Even though she knew he could change, she’s still delighted to see it up close. And now panthers are permanently in her head as striped, so that probably won’t cause any confusion later on in life. “Woah! That’s pretty cool.”

Maurtia makes a mental note to ask her mom to turn her into a panther one day, just to see what it’s like.

At the question of what Ischia is like, her tone starts off thoughtful but quickly grows brighter with her excitement. “Ummm… it’s very green. Like, all the time and very warm. And there’s so many parrots they almost never shut up. And there’s lots of ghosts. I think a monster lived there one time.” She adds this last sentence in a lower voice, just in case it's a secret. She's not very sure it is, but better to be safe. One thing is for sure, it clearly doesn't scare her - her white eyes are bright. The more ghosts the better, as far as she was concerned.

And then, very belatedly, she realizes she's heard the name Hyaline before. Sometimes she only is mostly listening to Beyza when she's being told something. “Hey! I think my grandmother lives in Hyaline too. I don't think she's a panther though.”

@Malik

Messages In This Thread
    they can't see you if you don't move - by Maurtia - 04-16-2021, 06:23 PM
    RE: they can't see you if you don't move - by Maurtia - 10-04-2021, 06:10 PM