• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Spread my spirit like flock of crows // Obscene, Any

Kiss me again
    Kiss me until I am sick of it

He had never died. But he would. There’s no magic to tether him here, nothing to keep him alive forever. He would be bleached bones and rotting flesh, worms in his skull and carrion for vultures. That was his mortal destiny. That was all he had to look forward to. “Don’t all mortals think of death? I can’t escape my mortality and my life will be short compared to most in this world. That’s all I need to know.” He gives a small shrug although the muscles in his jaw seem to tighten. Since when did he have such a loose tongue?

It was a gamble, to show how he used words like a knife, and he finds he’s holding his breath as her expression seems to wither. Exhaling slowly the moment her laughter breaks the dangerous silence, loud enough to send a scattering of birds to flight in the trees above them. He can’t help the grin that he gives, filled with a mixture of relief and uncertainty. At least she seems pleased, joking with him as they continue on. “Does your daughter have the same.. ailment?” He asks, honestly curious for a change. He wants to ask exactly how one ends up with a javelin in their chest but thinks better of it.

“And what about you?” Yes, what about him indeed. He doesn’t want to think of Cheri, how she stood in the rain as lightning cracked around her. Of her stupid wings and the annoying way she had jutted her chin at him, staring at him defiantly. He doesn’t want to think of her at all. Instead the smug grin just settles deeper on his dark mouth as he gives a noncommittal toss of his head. “More like they’ve all been boring and predictable. I’ve yet to find anyone exciting.” He gives a snort of disgust and pushes the emerald and onyx mare far from his mind.

Obscene

@[Sabra]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Spread my spirit like flock of crows // Obscene, Any - by Obscene - 05-03-2021, 11:55 PM