• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Spread my spirit like flock of crows // Obscene, Any
    I simply smile at his naivety, grinning like a shark as envy swarms up my throat. He will die, and he will not return, and the little idiot has no idea what a blessing that will be. I could show him, perhaps. But no, a voice chides, I've only just got him here. No point in scaring him off so soon. Not when we're just getting to know each other. 

So I stand there, rubbing my muzzle absently against the spear in question. The shaft is as hard and lodged as ever. I'm not surprised, not really. There's stronger magic than rot rest resistance built into the damn thing. "She does not, fortunately," I say at last. "She is defective enough as it is." There's no kindness when I speak of my offspring. Not anymore. She is the one who's stayed by me the longest. Compensation, I suppose, for her being the least my children. 

I don't really care about this coarse boy's love life. To keep him talking is the key. I gather innocuous bits and innocent crumbs and stitch them together into something useful. "Are you sure you're not the boring and predictable one?" I ask, my tone teasing but not quite mocking. 

He is a youthful male. They are all predictable. Too much impulse, not enough sense to temper it with. I have no doubt that this fire-eyed boy will be much of the same. There is only hope that age will mold him into something greater than the sum of his parts. Something interesting. 

@[Obscene]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Spread my spirit like flock of crows // Obscene, Any - by Sabra - 05-17-2021, 09:27 PM