• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I can hear you from a dream
    Mazikeen
    There’s a private smile as Mazikeen sees Gale’s shoulders shiver after her touch, though the wings disappearing is a surprise. He almost always had them, unless he was in another shape. She isn’t complaining - he’s magnificent to look at with or without them - but it is just a little odd.

And so is the smile he gives her after she tells him she won’t be taking it easy on him. Her own grin doesn’t falter as she takes it in because she recognizes it, just not on his face. It’s far more like a smile she’d see on one of her friends, or one she’d give them - it is not inherently predatory but it reminds her of one anyway. She’s given that smile to Sabal before when the squid was being flippant, certainly.

These vaguely odd thoughts do not linger. It’s hard to think clearly when Gale nibbles along the line of her jaw and Mazikeen leans into the touch slightly, her eyes closing to enjoy it as she emits a low hum of pleasure. This is a significantly more pleasant white noise than the shock that had taken over her at the confirmation that she was pregnant. More than his laughter, this touch soothes away some of Mazikeen’s anxieties. He didn’t find her repulsive now, wasn’t going to push her away because of this.

And she is so happy as a result. Her hopes return, blazing bright and warm within her heart.

They were going to be okay.

At least for a while. At least until the Curse showed up. 

His suggestion helps clears her mind and she doesn’t laugh outright, though it’s difficult to say whether it’s because her mind is still foggy from the pleasant touch or because she’s trying to spare his feelings. There’s an amused brightness in her eyes though when she nudges him. “Build a nest? Lay them?” And then shakes her head with a smile. “Do you know a lot about caring for eggs because I sure don’t. I don’t even know if I can just… decide to lay them one day.” Mazikeen isn’t sure she wants to try - a rather horrifying image of her clumsy nest-building skills resulting in an egg or two falling to the ground and shattering works its way into her mind. And when would she even lay them? Certainly not before spring and then they’d basically be ready to emerge by then anyway.

Clearly, new anxieties begin to form to replace the ones that Gale’s touch had erased. If she shifts into an osprey when she’s too far along will the eggs just… fall out? Isilya had said it wouldn’t matter what form she was in but the idea of eggs reminds Mazikeen that there are very different methods of growing children and they don’t exactly translate well into each other. 

These are such strange thoughts to be having.

“I don’t know much about horse babies either but at least they’re less… fragile. And it’ll be easier to find someone to ask for advice.” She thinks of Ryatah before she thinks of her own mother, which sows a little bit of guilt - she really should check in on her parents. They had let her roam wild but that didn’t mean she didn’t care for them. Maybe she could find out who her siblings were - which was a pleasant thought after meeting Gale’s brothers.

“Do any of your brothers have kids?”

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    I can hear you from a dream - by Mazikeen - 04-21-2021, 07:57 PM
    RE: I can hear you from a dream - by Gale - 04-22-2021, 06:43 AM
    RE: I can hear you from a dream - by Mazikeen - 04-22-2021, 01:41 PM
    RE: I can hear you from a dream - by Gale - 04-22-2021, 05:49 PM
    RE: I can hear you from a dream - by Mazikeen - 04-22-2021, 06:53 PM
    RE: I can hear you from a dream - by Gale - 04-22-2021, 08:06 PM
    RE: I can hear you from a dream - by Mazikeen - 04-22-2021, 09:35 PM
    RE: I can hear you from a dream - by Gale - 04-23-2021, 06:54 AM
    RE: I can hear you from a dream - by Mazikeen - 04-23-2021, 02:04 PM