• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I can hear you from a dream
    Mazikeen
    Although Mazikeen is pretty sure Gale is just looking for something to do - she’s also annoyed at the implication that if there were enemies to fight or magic entities she had wanted to snatch up, she wouldn’t have just done it herself. There is the briefest flicker of light on her spine as a stray angry thought gets loose but Mazikeen shoves it back down. She doesn’t want to pick a fight, doesn’t want to let that anger show because she knows she won’t feel any better afterward exploding.

The frown eases away as she thinks about his questions, and a smile appears with even more ease when he begins to press kisses along her neck. Though that does not help with being able to think clearly.

Her response is delayed for a moment while she focuses on that touch but then she remembers how to talk. “It might surprise you to find out I’m not very good at… asking for help. Or this whole alpha business in general.” Here there's some laughter in her grin because both of those statements are putting it mildly. She tells him she’s mostly been focused on keeping up with her patrols and making sure everyone within the kingdom wasn’t dying or anything but as far as any other plans… it hadn’t even occurred to her to do anything else. She hasn't even seen any other lands except for those she'd been to with him so far - Tephra, Islandres, and Icicle Isle. Well, and the Cove - where the pack began.

Mazikeen thinks then, but does not say, that her head already felt like it was going to burst from everything going on as it was - and she is not ambitious. She just wants to keep everyone safe, never mind that it is a kingdom filled with shifters that can very likely take care of themselves. Besides, playing politics just does not feel overly important compared to what is beside her right now. She doesn’t know how much time they have left and she would happily spend whatever she can with him.

Still, if he's thinking about jobs and not just enjoying time - does that mean they have more of it than she fears?

Gale would be good at recruiting but… Hyaline being sparsely populated is kind of a perk right now. She has no interest in bothering the other inhabitants with meetings and jobs, either. This just means, like with Selaphiel, that Gale asking for something to do leaves her with absolutely no ideas. Mazikeen attempts to chatter as he does - wondering if maybe an idea will come to either of them if they just think out loud. “So far no one’s come here seeking blood so I think we’re okay on the enemies front. I suppose I wouldn’t mind help keeping an eye on the border and any visitors… that entity that has an intruder alarm or whatever it was would be handy, but less for filling time and more for freeing it up for other things.” She touches him as she says this, just a brush of her nose along his shining skin, thinking for a moment for how she’d prefer to spend her time… before her worries creep in and, after pressing a kiss there, she pulls back instead of prolonging the contact.

Despite the enjoyable lack of space between them now, Mazikeen’s very helpful mind tells her Gale probably won’t want to touch her like that for a while - not after the news they got today - and she shouldn’t risk making him uncomfortable by alluding to it.

And she is fine with this, with just being near him and exchanging kisses, so she keeps talking, pushing those thoughts down to simmer somewhere with her anger, and her orange eyes dance when she grins at him. “I could always go piss off some vagabonds if you’d like a more official excuse to hang around with me all day. You know, just in case I need some protection.”

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    I can hear you from a dream - by Mazikeen - 04-21-2021, 07:57 PM
    RE: I can hear you from a dream - by Gale - 04-22-2021, 06:43 AM
    RE: I can hear you from a dream - by Mazikeen - 04-22-2021, 01:41 PM
    RE: I can hear you from a dream - by Gale - 04-22-2021, 05:49 PM
    RE: I can hear you from a dream - by Mazikeen - 04-22-2021, 06:53 PM
    RE: I can hear you from a dream - by Gale - 04-22-2021, 08:06 PM
    RE: I can hear you from a dream - by Mazikeen - 04-22-2021, 09:35 PM
    RE: I can hear you from a dream - by Gale - 04-23-2021, 06:54 AM
    RE: I can hear you from a dream - by Mazikeen - 04-23-2021, 02:04 PM
    RE: I can hear you from a dream - by Gale - 04-23-2021, 09:00 PM