• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Like the ocean's dancing with a storm, I'll dance with you; Web

All of the voices inside of my mind will never be silenced

She had weathered the darkness and starvation. She had weathered the monsters scouring the land for the next pile of bones to pick clean. But now, in the brightness of the new dawn and warmth of this fresh start, she is not entirely certain she had weathered the pain and suffering and loss that had surrounded them all. A thick and suffocating miasma that she often wondered if only she had felt. But when thoughts are as open as a desert sky, it is a hard burden to avoid.

The sea had long been her solace, but in the darkness, it too had grown dangerous and full of hungry teeth. Now she looks at it with a wary eye and a guarded heart. She had learned as never before just how hungry and base the world could be. And she had survived, but at what cost?

For the first time in her life, she feels truly restless and untethered. But every part of her longs for the comfort and safety home had once provided. As foolish as it is, she still looks for it.

It does not take her long to know she would not find it in the small and secluded pool feeding into the river, but still she does not hasten to leave. There is a serenity here that is rare to find beyond the depths of the ocean. Thoughts are distant and muffled, easily overshadowed by the song of birds and the hum of insects. There is a peace that is hard for a mare like her to resist.

So she lingers, knowing it could not last but hoping it would anyway. With the water a soft caress on her sea-green skin and the sun a warm weight on her upturned features, pearlescent in the soft yellow light, she allows herself to believe, for just a moment, that she is safe and happy. That life is not as cold and chaotic and ruthless as it is.

until I can find a way to let go of what we left behind

persea

@[web]

Messages In This Thread
    Like the ocean's dancing with a storm, I'll dance with you; Web - by Persea - 04-22-2021, 09:54 AM