• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Play my chest like a xylophone
    She might have to agree with him about his bad habits. Even though a minute ago Beryl was thinking that she might have missed him, her mood shifts too easily to irritated - patience has never been her virtue and now that the world is dead and its people no more than animated bones, it's easier than ever to be indifferent. She almost doesn't feel bad for it, but there's a hitch in his voice that catches against her ribs and stops up the unkind words on her tongue. There's plenty of reason to assume that Cassian would joke with her, that he would lie about the way the world has changed while darkness set across the land. There is every reason to believe he would find away to pretend nothing was happening at all, but she can't find the sense in the game. Instead, it annoys her. Is he joking?

She won't be able to stand it if he's joking. The anger feels like fire running up her spine. In what world is this perfectly alive?

"I don't--" He reaches out touch her shoulder and she freezes, tension washing over her, waiting for the dull clacking of bone against bone, for the chill of nausea to come, but it doesn't. It feels like whiskered lips on skin and the skeleton girl growls softly, bitterly. Memory is an inveterate liar.

Bite, says the lion, feeling the weakening of her grip, Bite, and rend, and crack.

The thoughts make her mouth taste sour and she steps away slightly, just out of reach of those grinning teeth. Did something happen?

"Don't make fun of me, Cassian." There's an edge to her voice, something between a growl and a sob, "It's not okay. I don't want to live in a world of bones."

She exhales sharply, exasperated, furious, grappling the cat so desperate to surface from inside her, to pick apart the empty bones and show him why he shouldn't tease her. The loosening hold comes with the appearance of long canines but she pulls the creature back, swallows it away again, though it claws the whole way down, leaving her raw and glassy-eyed. It leaves her voice cracked and discordant.

"You can't just pretend this away! The Fairies may have gotten the sun back but look at us! Skeletons? Am I the only one that's not alright with this?"
    Image by ratty

@[Cassian]

Messages In This Thread
    Play my chest like a xylophone - by Beryl - 04-25-2021, 06:51 PM
    RE: Play my chest like a xylophone - by Cassian - 04-27-2021, 09:17 AM
    RE: Play my chest like a xylophone - by Beryl - 05-02-2021, 04:39 PM
    RE: Play my chest like a xylophone - by Cassian - 05-04-2021, 08:46 AM
    RE: Play my chest like a xylophone - by Beryl - 05-04-2021, 06:16 PM
    RE: Play my chest like a xylophone - by Cassian - 05-07-2021, 09:05 AM
    RE: Play my chest like a xylophone - by Beryl - 05-15-2021, 11:38 PM
    RE: Play my chest like a xylophone - by Cassian - 05-17-2021, 10:08 AM
    RE: Play my chest like a xylophone - by Beryl - 05-19-2021, 12:00 AM