• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I just need a change again [Oceane]

oceane
    a little white light
    in a sea gone black

Oceane had been surprised, albeit minimally, when Ledger had decided to follow her home to the foothills. They had departed the Isle together, the Loessian Queen airborne until they reached the mainland to avoid dousing her feathered wings in saltwater. Once safely over the sea, she had landed with practiced grace upon the earth and walked leisurely with the polar bear shifter the rest of the way.

If anything, Leilan's Midsummer Fair had been an enlightening experience, but the opaline woman couldn't shake the feeling that there was something else hiding beneath Ledger's protective exterior. Certainly he knew she had interacted, as had many in Beqanna, with shifters on a fairly regular basis, but she doesn't rule out the idea that his inner-bear had once ruled him in much the same way Castile's dragon had, at the height of his downfall.

She tucks the idea away for later and makes simple small talk with the flaxen man as they make their journey, entirely oblivious to his concerns about being a burden and filling him in on the politics of Loess, aptly avoiding the topic of her sons and Soran in the process. They had all turned out to be nomads, it seemed - and although Alcinder's scent had still been detectable on the winds of Icicle Isle, she still hadn't seen him when they were there, leaving the winged woman feeling a tad melancholic.

Her favorite blue flowers have begun to glow by the time they reach the comfortably familiar confines of Loess, welcoming her home with their bioluminescent blooms. “Let's go,” she laughs under her breath and rolls her amber eyes mockingly at Ledger's comment as she turns towards the north, guiding him easily towards Loess' larger canyons. As the sky continues to darken and thoughts of the Long Night rise unbidden in her head, Oceane finds herself plunged in a cold sweat, fearful that the sun may not rise again the next day.

When she speaks to Ledger again, her voice is tight with discomfort, but still warm in the presence of her new acquaintance. “You're welcome to explore all of Loess and the Southern kingdom, of course, but I suggest these canyons if you prefer your privacy.” The dry brush and hardened dirt turn to sandstone as they navigate the canyons in the dark, Oceane well practiced at finding her way through the familiar pathways. She leads him to the same place Lepis had first introduced her - a small cove with tall sandstone walls and its own basin where the canyon's winding river empties itself.

“Those shrubs are actually prickly pear bushes, though it may be too late in the season for the fruit.” Her lavender nose motions towards the low-lying foliage that grows around a gnarled fallen tree whose upper branches rest in the shallows of the pond, “There are quite a few caves in this area. And any wildlife you may come across are friendly, so please leave them be.” The snakes who call Loess home had been kind enough to assist Oceane and the other residents in the midst of the sun's absence, utilizing their infrared vision to help the equine navigate. It had been, perhaps, the most useful her zoolingualism had ever been - and since then, she'd come to an understanding with all of Loess' wildlife that her people would be unharmed by the predators as long as they, themselves, were unharmed.

“There are fish in the main river, though, that you may hunt if your alter ego is craving something more than fruit, grass, and berries.” She grins at him knowingly before falling into silence and waiting expectantly for the questions she's sure will come.

@[Ledger]
    “”

n | v
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    I just need a change again [Oceane] - by Ledger - 04-27-2021, 09:37 PM
    RE: I just need a change again [Oceane] - by Oceane - 04-28-2021, 07:14 PM