• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I could take the whole world with me
    Altissima doesn’t care for the gratitude that she feels when she notices Tarian move his gaze after she had shifted uncomfortably. She sees what looks like fascination there, but he appears to be trying to be less obvious about studying the twinkling light around her. Was he… being polite? Maybe he had learned two new tricks - the glow and some manners.

Well, momentarily he had manners anyway. Still, she’s privately glad for the rough laugh and the quip he gives back to her - this is the Tarian she knows. Not the one sulking about glowing like the moon, not the one showing her any kindness (though that last part isn’t true, she knows this and she’s making an effort to continue to put off the actual very real thank you she owes him).

If he’s watching, he’ll see her eyes warm to a happy violet again even as she rolls them and emits a scoff at his comments. “Did I hear that right? You fought off a hundred beasts just so I could die slowly instead of quickly?” She tilts her head a little to the side, eyes dancing as she enjoys twisting his words a little. “How chivalrous of you.” She lifts her leg, but instead of stepping back she performs a small bow - her white wings appearing at her sides and unfurling as she does, those feathered limbs joining the farce of those court manners they both knew she lacked. Her voice is heavy with false sarcasm as she bites out the words she actually means “Thank you, Sir Glow Worm. I am so, so grateful.”

altissima

@[Tarian]
    [Image: willowsticker_by_space1993_ddeo27s_small.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I could take the whole world with me - by Altissima - 05-08-2021, 07:46 PM