• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I could take the whole world with me
    Her pink eyes narrow at that quiet, single syllable response, and she feels some of that anger cool off into confusion. She’d like to ask him just what the hell he means but Altissima isn’t ready to admit to herself, nevermind to him, that there is a part of her that would care enough what he thinks to ask. She has to look away to try to collect her thoughts, though they are such a tangled mess right now that even without looking at him directly, she cannot begin to parse them out.

The only clear thought she can manage to focus on is - why haven’t either of them moved away?

This time, when he continues speaking the rest of her anger leeches from her. Furious pink bleeds into amused violet in her eyes as she looks back at him and her response comes easily and without thought. “It’s my new favourite hobby.” She tells him and turns away again, back to the ocean, because there’s a smile forming that she isn’t sure she wants him to see.

But whatever interest she had in watching the scene before them has been interrupted enough that there is no longer any possibility she can even feign focusing on it. He does not move so she steps back and away a few steps, finding that she can breathe a little easier and her wings relax at her sides when she does. She feels a little more in control of herself with the small distance gained, even though looking at him threatens that feeling. Still, she manages to state breezily “If you don’t want to take me I’m sure I can find them on my own.”
    altissima

@[Tarian]
    [Image: willowsticker_by_space1993_ddeo27s_small.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I could take the whole world with me - by Altissima - 05-15-2021, 11:37 AM