• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  If you don't believe, then let me show you; Leilan, any

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

As luck would have it, Reave has never been given to doubt. Perhaps it’s his youth, or perhaps it is simply his nature, but whatever the case may be, he has no doubt that he would serve this place better than it’s last overseer. He has never truly desired responsibility - not like this - but to his young heart, the north hardly seems one. A youthful folly, if ever there was one.

Still, for Reave, it is just what his reckless heart and selfish desire had needed. A place he could call his own. Something in which to channel his restless aggression. A purpose.

He is not here because destiny had bade him come, or because of an ancient calling lingering in his blood. To his young mind, this is a choice. A decision he could make wholly and completely on his own. One where he did not have others telling him what he must do. In this moment, he could as easily choose to throw off the yolk as he could to bind it around his neck.

His posture straightens almost imperceptibly, head tilting with a wry sort of knowledge as he eyes Leilan, a fey smile slowly edging onto his lips. “I don’t think we’ll have any trouble getting the word out,” he replies, a sanguine and hubristic energy creeping into his tone. His gaze turns towards the cliff, going distant for a moment as the juvenile eagle drops from the sky, diving out of sight beneath the cliff-edges for several long moments. When it rises once more into the sky, Reave’s gaze returns to Leilan, a grin lighting his blood and bone features.

“I think I’m just a Guardian.”

reave

@[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: If you don't believe, then let me show you; Leilan, any - by Reave - 05-03-2021, 09:32 AM