• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [mature]  If you hurt me I wouldn't cry [Cheri]

The light that meets the dark

The longer she stared at a particular object, the larger it grew. Cheri was stunned by the size of the meadow flowers, growing and growing in size all around her. She felt like she could plummet backwards into their soft embraces, just recline on the slope of their multicolored petals and observe Obscene from a distance like she wanted to. She looked up from the ground and back at him, drawn away from her twisted hallucinations by the sharp edge in his voice, and watched as he dissolved into a state of liquid before filling up the empty glass shape of himself again, over and over.

She laughed, softly. Everything was funny, everything felt funny and she liked it.

“Pushy, pushy, pushy.” She thought of him and his strange questions, annoyed by the insistence of them and their maker. The words took form in the air and drifted towards her, caressing her skin just like the wind that curled over her legs and tousled her bright green hair. What would she do if she couldn’t leave? Did she think she was beautiful? Did she think he would find her beautiful? Was she high right now? “Do I ever get nervous?”

“You hate when I touch you so no.” She started from the end and worked her way backwards, back to the beginning and then forwards to the end again. “Once I thought I was pretty but now I’m not sure what I am. I want -” She stopped herself, confused, and then continued. “- I want to stay here. I like you and your obscenities. I want to touch and be touched by you.” The pegasus hiccupped, causing her wings to bounce and then settle again.

She took a step forward and stumbled, but not into him. Just rocked on unsteady legs and then stood upright again, her foreleck a mess covering her eyes and her lips tilted as sideways as her thoughts.

“As if I could ever tempt you! Wooo-loo-loo mister Obscene.” She threw her head back and laughed at the way he’d broken her heart that first time, as if the phrase couldn’t touch her now. A lie; the words hurt just as much as they always did but she knew that, even in her current state of inebriation. The sun cast rays of light over the black pelt covering his hide and the flowers wound up his legs, bled into his skin and blanched themselves white like spots. He faded from black to evergreen, from spruce to redwood, from crimson to cream and then back to pale green. The vines wrapped around his shoulders and flared into wings, and Cheri’s smile faded.

“Yenny?” She mumbled, stepping closer to the phantom before the vines crumbled and the vibrant colors turned ashen and dark again. “Obscene?”

Her gaze tilted, unfocused. She could hardly stand still though she tried. “More.” She demanded. “More nectar.” Cheri edged closer to the reservoir of remaining liquor. The feeling was fading fast and she wasn’t about to let the fall supersede the rise. She didn’t want to think about Targaryen or where he might’ve gone after the winter festival. She wanted Obscene to berate her and enrage her, to make her laugh and take her mind off of things for a little while longer.

@[Obscene]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: If you hurt me I wouldn't cry [Cheri] - by Cheri - 05-10-2021, 01:41 PM