• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Cast your light - Oceane

The light that meets the dark

It all felt so … magical. The world she’d grown up and could now see in the light of day had always been that for Cheri, just a little magical in its own way. Comforting, but different now. There was as much joy as sadness in the redwoods, now that Lilliana had gone away, and like Oceane her thoughts center on the same line of consideration when it comes to watching her father turn tail and head home: he is a busy stallion and time waits for no horse, except those who commanded it to. Besides, Cheri knew in her heart that if he stayed her courage might leave her, she might never want him to go.

It was better this way. She could always fly home during the summer if their world stayed on course without interruption.

Now she’s officially a member of Loess. It takes a dip of her father’s horns and a winged curtsy from Oceane to cement that fact, which seems about as magical a thing as any that Cheri’s witnessed since the Eclipse. “A good kind of magic though.” She thinks to herself, just before the Queen turns to address her.

“Explore and introduce myself. I think I can manage that.” She laughed with a voice as light as the wind. Cheri wanted nothing more. “I know you’re busy as well, I won’t keep you.” She ducked her head, light glinting off the crystals growing out of her skin. “Once I’ve settled in could I call on you again to discuss what I’ve discovered? And to talk a little more about my magic.” Cheri asked.

@[Oceane] short and sweet since I think this thread had reached a natural stopping point <3

Messages In This Thread
    Cast your light - Oceane - by Cheri - 04-30-2021, 05:44 PM
    RE: Cast your light - Oceane - by Oceane - 05-01-2021, 03:31 PM
    RE: Cast your light - Oceane - by Cheri - 05-03-2021, 09:42 PM
    RE: Cast your light - Oceane - by Oceane - 05-05-2021, 10:35 AM
    RE: Cast your light - Oceane - by Cheri - 05-07-2021, 08:34 AM
    RE: Cast your light - Oceane - by Oceane - 05-13-2021, 09:39 PM
    RE: Cast your light - Oceane - by Cheri - 05-17-2021, 01:12 PM