• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

it's all up in the air and we stand still | desire
    i think i'm better on my own but i get so lost in you
    Much like its disappearance, the return of the sun had brought with it a ripple of unrest across Pangea. She had noticed that while some residents seemed to delight in the first sunrise and the departure of the creatures that had been tormenting the lands, their champion, Jamie, did not seem nearly as thrilled. Though Desire had not approached him she had watched him carefully from a distance, perhaps mildly curious to see if he was going to plunge Pangea into its own darkness. She does not know the extent of his power, but she would be the last one to ask him to harness it—especially not here, of all places

For her, though, the end of the eclipse was like a heaviness being lifted from her shoulders that she had not realized she was carrying. She no longer felt she had to pay quite so close attention to Thomas and their two youngest children—Iskinder was not made of glass like his father and all of his siblings, but she worried for his safety all the same—which left her free to wander Pangea in the dark without needing to worry some creature would spring from the shadows while she was gone.

She is easy to find in the dark, with the scattering of stars that glowed amid the galaxy-color of her skin seeming to illuminate the startling white of her mane and her legs. Though the light cast from her halo is dim—the halo itself being small moons in various stages, a mix of shadow and light the always keeps them appearing just as they should—it is still bright in the night, but she moves with an ease that suggests she does not mind if she is seen. She is perhaps too confident for one that lacks any real powers, but she likes to think of herself as smart enough to survive most situations.

It’s why when she sees him, the stranger, staring at the monuments that had been left here by the entities, that she does not hesitate to approach. “Are you talking to yourself?” She asks him, her voice a velvety purr, though her white lips are pulled into a teasing simper. “I suppose the other option is you were talking to the burning tree or the statue, so I’m not sure which would be worse,” she says with an easy laugh, her black eyes finding the bright blue of his. There is something about him that seems vaguely familiar, though not enough for her to place it. She is sure she has never met him before, and can only assume that she has met a relative (or two). “My name is Desire. What brings you to Pangea in the middle of the night?”

i think i'm better on my own but i'm so obsessed with you
    desire

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: it's all up in the air and we stand still | desire - by Desire - 05-07-2021, 12:54 AM