• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

it's all up in the air and we stand still | desire
    i think i'm better on my own but i get so lost in you
    Desire was mostly unfamiliar with her father, and if there was any part of his blood that might have recognized the curse in the stallion before her, she does not notice it. She knew he created Pangea, she knew that she is stamped as one of his countless offspring thanks to her coloring, and she knew the little amount that Ryatah chose to reveal of her relationship with him, but other than that, he was a stranger. 

She knew just enough to reserve a healthy fear of him, but that was about it.

This man’s smile, however, is not overlooked. She recognizes it, thinks that it possibly mirrors hundreds that she herself has given—the kind that lacks warmth, but is not quite sinister. The kind that hides a secret, and rarely the good kind. Her own lips tilt upward in a return gesture before her eyes shift back to the monuments he was referring to. “Hm,” she hums the sound between pressed lips, tilting her haloed head as if to seriously ponder what he is asking for. “Well, they are quite valuable, you know,” she says thoughtfully as she steps toward the statue of the mare, purposely brushing far too close to him in the process though she deliberately does not acknowledge doing so.

She gazes at the statue, and then back to the burning tree, silent as she pretends to weigh the options. Truthfully, she didn’t much care about the entities one way or the other. Desire is a mediocre leader at best, serving more as a pretty placeholder than anything, and she figures if anyone here was that attached to them they could simply fight for them back. She certainly isn’t going to lose sleep over them. “But I am a sucker for a good romance,” she laughs as she turns back to him, the firelight reflecting off the unsettling black of her eyes. “And since I would like to stay in my champion’s good graces and not ask him to fight over trivial things, they are yours.”

i think i'm better on my own but i'm so obsessed with you
    desire

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: it's all up in the air and we stand still | desire - by Desire - 05-18-2021, 02:16 AM